XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Failed Nokia X Root: Looping popups "Setup Wizard has stopped"

Tip us?

azscv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Post [Q] Failed Nokia X Root: Looping popups "Setup Wizard has stopped"

I tried rooting my Nokia X according to Kashamalaga's guide, but I after extracting the Gapps APKs suggested in the 3rd step I rebooted the phone a bit too soon - failing to change the permissions options for the files. As a result, when the phone turned on there was a loading screen of "Starting apps", followed by looping popups saying : "Google Play services has stopped", "Setup Wizard has stopped", "Can't do this com.google.process.gapps at the moment", and other similar Google app failures.

Whenever I hit OK, another one shows up. I can access the pull down menu, but I can't access the Settings link.

I tried shutting the phone down and went for a factory reset (by holding the Volume Up button as the Nokia logo turns up on the screen and selecting said option), but that doesn't seem to change a thing.

Is there any way I can get it working again? I'd be really grateful for your help and feedback.

PS: I can't access the home screen, hence I can't access the Application Manager and it's like.
The Following User Says Thank You to azscv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naresh.nokiax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Same Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by azscv View Post
I tried rooting my Nokia X according to Kashamalaga's guide, but I after extracting the Gapps APKs suggested in the 3rd step I rebooted the phone a bit too soon - failing to change the permissions options for the files. As a result, when the phone turned on there was a loading screen of "Starting apps", followed by looping popups saying : "Google Play services has stopped", "Setup Wizard has stopped", "Can't do this com.google.process.gapps at the moment", and other similar Google app failures.

Whenever I hit OK, another one shows up. I can access the pull down menu, but I can't access the Settings link.

I tried shutting the phone down and went for a factory reset (by holding the Volume Up button as the Nokia logo turns up on the screen and selecting said option), but that doesn't seem to change a thing.

Is there any way I can get it working again? I'd be really grateful for your help and feedback.

PS: I can't access the home screen, hence I can't access the Application Manager and it's like.

Thank You bro... i am also facing this problem today...I didnt find any solution.
Nokia chat said better to contact nokia care at nearest location...
The Following User Says Thank You to naresh.nokiax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azscv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by naresh.nokiax View Post
Thank You bro... i am also facing this problem today...I didnt find any solution.
Nokia chat said better to contact nokia care at nearest location...
Let me know if that works, Naresh. Keep me in the loop.

Dom3616
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Use Nokia Tool Kit my friends.
It might fix the error as well as install G-Apps. It has various options.
Here's the link to the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712360

khalique
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Setup Wizard has stopped

Quote:

Hello brother, did you find the solution of this i got same problem. Please help me if you know any thing.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Let me know if that works, Naresh. Keep me in the loop.
Hello brother, did you find the solution of this i got same problem. Please help me if you know any thing.