Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,308 Members 49,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab 3 8 official kikat update (T310) + root instrucions

Tip us?

aliafzal97
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am not much into rooting so i needed a bit of help.
I was able to flash the kitkat rom manually.
now i want to root, so i wanted to ask you which version of odin should i use to flash cf auto root file and which all boxes should be ticked in odin.

if u could please give me a link of the correct odin version, that would be a great help. And also tell which boxes to tick in odin.

Thanks a lot

007Uzzi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliafzal97 View Post
I am not much into rooting so i needed a bit of help.
I was able to flash the kitkat rom manually.
now i want to root, so i wanted to ask you which version of odin should i use to flash cf auto root file and which all boxes should be ticked in odin.

if u could please give me a link of the correct odin version, that would be a great help. And also tell which boxes to tick in odin.

Thanks a lot
Use the same version you used for kitkat. The first box should be blue and auto reboot unchecked. Everything else is the same. click on ap and choose the cf auto file (post #1). Then click start. It will about 10 seconds and say reset. The keep it still pluged in and hold the power button to shutdown. It won't shutdown but actually reboot. The Samsung tab 3 sign will show, then the scary cf auto root red bot page and then continues with normal startup except it will say android updating. Grab a cup of coffee and give around 15 to 30 mins. When it's done, unlock your phone and go to super su. It will say knox detected, do you want to remove,Select yes. Then let it's binaries update. After that you ready to roll. Cheers☺☺☺

Don't forget to smash my thanks button!☺😆

Sent from my expensive toaster.
The Following User Says Thank You to 007Uzzi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

007Uzzi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Okay guys love new rom. I'm still surviving with mx player sound effects☺. I was wondering if anyone found a way to unlock this kitkat bootloader. I need mess around with some major dual boot stuff for our tabs.
Any help will be appreciated. ☺☺☺☺😃

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app