Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][3.0+] UltraManager - Mifare Ultralight Manager

OP _darkjoker_

13th May 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

15 posts
Hi everybody,

I recently finished working on a new app. It basically allows you to handle Mifare Ultralight tags.

Mifare Ultralight tags are inexpensive tags that are being used world-wide for a number of different tasks: public transportation, events, authentications and so on. The best thing about it (from my wicked point of view) is that it is not encrypted, which means that you can easily read/write those tags (as long as the contents of the tag can be overwritten).

As far as I know, there are some apps available for reading/writing tags, but most of them are either expensive or only allow you to write one word (32 bit) at a time, resulting in a long and boring process when you need to create a tag from scratch (i.e. writing 16 words on it), or editing multiple words.

This is why I came up with UltraManager. If you are in possess of Mifare Ultralight tags and you would like to find out more about their contents, this is the app you need.

At first I thought of only selling the app; but since the number of systems using Mifare Ultralight tags is getting higher as the time goes by, I wanted to allow as many people as possible to put their hands on those systems.

This is why I developed both a Lite and a Pro version. If you are only interested in doing some basic operations with your Mifare Ultralight tag, the Lite version will do just fine. There are no ads, and you will be able to read, edit and write tags.

If you find the app useful, or you need other features, there is a Pro version available as well: many other options are available for this version. The price for the Pro version is € 0.99 ($ 1.36).

The permissions required by both the Lite and the Pro apps are:
Network communication - control Near Field Communication

UltraManager Lite - Google Play
UltraManager Pro - Google Play

Any comment, suggestion and feedback is welcomed.

Thank you all,

Flavio 'darkjoker' Giobergia
Last edited by _darkjoker_; 21st May 2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added links
13th May 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 29

189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey i want to try, can u fix the links, couldnt find with search at google play

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Unfortunately I can't: I haven't sent 10 messages yet

Are you sure you can't find the app? Does your phone support NFC and your android version is >=3.0? Copy and paste the link from this topic, it works! It's only missing the starting "https://" !
14th May 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #4  
Flag ::1
Thanks Meter: 30

238 posts
More
Try this link for the apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...avio+Giobergia
14th May 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskb0x

Try this link for the apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...avio+Giobergia

Thank you Diskb0x I'm turning 10 (posts) soon, in the meantime, thanks one again!
16th May 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Version 1.1 released: Fixed a minor bug which did not allow tags to be read successfully from foreground dispatch (i.e. when a tag was found and the app was opened using the Activity Chooser, it was not recognized, so one had to scan the tag again to have it read).

The bug affected both the Lite and the Pro version.
21st May 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Version 1.2.1 released: Some devices keep finding the tag every few seconds; this makes it uneasy to read/write it. This new version should fix the problem by waiting for a tag to be found before reading/writing, if no tag is found when the "Read"/"Write" button is pressed.
Plus, instead of a popup message appearing every time a new tag is found, the actionbar now turns green when a tag is available.
21st May 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 693

271 posts
More
How can you read this tags with NFC or Camera (like QR)? I first time heared for this tags.
21st May 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan123

How can you read this tags with NFC or Camera (like QR)? I first time heared for this tags.

These tags can be read using the NFC technology: it is based on the induction of an electrical current in the tag (Maxwell's equations), while the QRs are basically 2-dimensional bar codes: the camera reads the black and white pixels and an app "knows" how to decode them.

The thing they have in common is that both NFC tags and QR codes can store information, and many devices can read them properly; the main difference is that, while a QR code can be read by everybody in possess of the QR code itself, the NFC tags may require some sort of authentication before being able to read them. Also, a QR code can be considered as a "read-only" memory (once it's printed, it can only be read), while NFC tags can usually be both written and read.
The Following User Says Thank You to _darkjoker_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
(UltraManager Pro) Version 1.3 released:

- Some users reported problems when writing certain tags using certain phones: I have introduced a toggle button: when "ON" the app will use the "transceive" function to write/read the tag, when "OFF", the usual functions are used. If the app was working fine prior this update, keep the toggle "OFF".

- The numbers next to the words now change color based on the word's status (based on the lock bytes value (bytes 02 & 03, word 02)):
. Red: Read-only
. Orange: Partially writable
. Green: Writable

The price is still € 0.99.

From now on, I will likely only support the Pro version (I will only update the Lite version in case of major bugs, but new features won't be added anymore).
Last edited by _darkjoker_; 15th August 2014 at 10:33 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread