Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disable sprint spark

Tip us?

androidchyk24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Disable sprint spark

I hate hate hate sprint spark. Is there anyway i can go back to the regular network on kitkat. Please help ...i used to get 4g all the time and i can be in an open area and dont recieve and ounce of 4g now Ridiculous

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

geeksmurf
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Turning Bands 26 and 41 off via ##DATA# helped when I was having troubles.
You will need your MSL

HeckNoTechnO
Old
Thanks Meter 256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeksmurf View Post
Turning Bands 26 and 41 off via ##DATA# helped when I was having troubles.
You will need your MSL
Same for me disable those bands and your good. Type in ##data# and choose LTE and disable bands.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
HTC EVO OG-Retired
HTC EVO 3D-Passed to Son
HTC EVO 4G LTE-Passed to wife
Nexus 7 (1st gen)
LG G2

that_guy_right_there
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Has anybody tried to disable bands before, same issue here, no ounce of lte unless i update PRL/profile which only last a few mins.

beezar
Old
Thanks Meter 44
All I can say is be patient. I had the same issue for a couple of months where I had to cycle airplane mode (or update PRL) to get LTE then promptly lose it. Disabling bands 41 and 26 helped. But after those two months, LTE works great most of the time without doing any of this.

Sprint is likely working on towers in your area.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

thelastemperor24
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezar View Post
All I can say is be patient. I had the same issue for a couple of months where I had to cycle airplane mode (or update PRL) to get LTE then promptly lose it. Disabling bands 41 and 26 helped. But after those two months, LTE works great most of the time without doing any of this.

Sprint is likely working on towers in your area.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app
Sprint has been "working on towers" in my area for over a year. Every time I go into the Sprint stores to ask when LTE will be here its always the same answer: 'Well they are actually working on upgrading the towers right now, so if you are experiencing issues with data connectivity or slow speeds thats probably why. They expect to have LTE fully up and running in 1-2 months'. And as of today, still no LTE. And 3G speeds that are so slow it wont even register on a speed test.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rele...free-trial.htm

Click on the link and read the section about 8T8R radios. So basically before Sprint brings LTE to all of its customers they started introducing Spark in select areas. Then also before completing their LTE rollout they will be upgrading the Spark towers. Even after LTE is installed it consistently tests the slowest of all 4 major carriers. And as more people buy phones that are LTE/Spark compatible, it will only get worse.

So yes it is good to be patient. But Sprint's upgrades and improvements are very slow coming so don't hold your breath.

Strainc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I like it

Lets me know how network is going