[ROM][4.4.2][TW] 100% stock 4.4.2 kitkat P5210 [Deodexed+Rooted build also available]

Search This thread

hemligsomfan

Nov 13, 2008
hey all,

my instructions to install recovery are clear. again, you must dd write cwm as it is not a flashable zip.
AFTER you have done that then you can flash philz or twrp because they are flashable zips.

this is a re-worked system/vendor directory http://d-h.st/kSw
to address samsung's strange use of symlinks in vendor/lib
the rom hangs at boot because after copy/rebuild to a flashable zip the symlinks in vendor directory get broken
this is not a flashable zip.

instructions extract the contents and drop them into your rom.zip. you should all be familiar with the android
directory structure. when prompted to overwrite, do so.

m

Im afraid that half of this is, sadly Greek to me. Your instruktions are probobly quite clear for those with the right knowledge, but I'm afraid my skills is a bit below that limit right now. I still need step by step instruktions for these kind of manuvers.

Will read up and do some trial and error hopefully this weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I much apprediate your hard work, and just to navigate your recoveries that are lag free was a bliss.

/H

Shinson

Jun 14, 2010
arrr

this is a re-worked system/vendor directory http://d-h.st/kSw
to address samsung's strange use of symlinks in vendor/lib
the rom hangs at boot because after copy/rebuild to a flashable zip the symlinks in vendor directory get broken
this is not a flashable zip.

instructions extract the contents and drop them into your rom.zip. you should all be familiar with the android
directory structure. when prompted to overwrite, do so.

Arrr... nasty vendor folder. That explains things... :rolleyes:

Thanks mate! You made my life easier the second time today!

You and Restl3ss - please feel free keep up the good work! ;)

Cheers
Shinson

Reactions: takerstone
M

moonbutt74

de-odexed version

@Restl3ss

After patch/update to /system/vendor in de-odexed rom zip.
i am flashed, up and running, and using right now to post this ..umm ..post! :silly:
pre-root is unsuccessful. Latest supersu does the trick http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip
camera crashes, but I am too pretty fer pictures anyway. :silly:
everyone says I have a face for radio :laugh:

Now if anyone can point me to a worthy replacement for total commander please pm me as to avoid clutter/off topic stuff.
kitkat completely breaks total commander :crying:
otherwise everything seems good. :good:

m

edsoedso

Dec 13, 2012
Tirana
Great work! It seems that thigs are moving a little for tab 3. 10.1 Is it possible to have a p5200 version of this rom?

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
@Restl3ss

After patch/update to /system/vendor in de-odexed rom zip.
i am flashed, up and running, and using right now to post this ..umm ..post! :silly:
pre-root is unsuccessful. Latest supersu does the trick http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip
camera crashes, but I am too pretty fer pictures anyway. :silly:
everyone says I have a face for radio :laugh:

Now if anyone can point me to a worthy replacement for total commander please pm me as to avoid clutter/off topic stuff.
kitkat completely breaks total commander :crying:
otherwise everything seems good. :good:

m

Grr, why I can't get this thing to pre-root I don't know (restl3ssroot.zip I made a while ago isn't working either) the only thing I've been able to use successfully is the normal SuperSU zip, otherwise it seems like it rejects the superuser binary or something. At any rate, links are pulled until vendor patch is applied (won't take long). If I find camera universally crashy I'll just swap it for google camera

M

moonbutt74

Grr, why I can't get this thing to pre-root I don't know (restl3ssroot.zip I made a while ago isn't working either) the only thing I've been able to use successfully is the normal SuperSU zip, otherwise it seems like it rejects the superuser binary or something. At any rate, links are pulled until vendor patch is applied (won't take long). If I find camera universally crashy I'll just swap it for google camera

Restl3ss,

i believe you can carry over some of the functions from chainfire's script into the updater script . specifically
permission setting and the operations involving chattr. you should be able to append to the end/bottom of updater script.
just scour chainfire's script to identify the functions.

m

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
Alright. 100% stock is fixed and reuploaded.

As for the deodexed + rooted, after fixing vendor and flashing I realized there's a couple problems with it, so it's pulled until i've got it fixed.
Basically, it runs fine for about 10 minutes (after initial setup) and then SystemUI starts spam crashing, never comes back up again. Have to reflash odexed build to fix. Plus, as @moonbutt74 pointed out, the pre-root doesn't stick. He's given me a couple suggestions which i'm going to try. will keep posted.

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
Okay, so the deodexed part of the deodexed zip is sorted, no more systemui / camera / keyguard / etc spam crashing. Now i've just gotta get the root binary to stick.

ghforlife

Feb 18, 2013
Ottawa

As for the deodexed + rooted, after fixing vendor and flashing I realized there's a couple problems with it, so it's pulled until i've got it fixed.
Basically, it runs fine for about 10 minutes (after initial setup) and then SystemUI starts spam crashing, never comes back up again. Have to reflash odexed build to fix. Plus, as @moonbutt74 pointed out, the pre-root doesn't stick. He's given me a couple suggestions which i'm going to try. will keep posted.

Here is something else; I downloaded from one of the post, not your link, now every thing went ok, I loaded with ODEN, (PDA) and all that, I had a offical Stock (rooted), after the install of the (kitkat) I still have what looks like my offical stock rom, only the number has changed to (4.4.2), I did not have to reload any settings at all, now I am not that great with all this, however, I do be live that when you boot into to (download mode), and load a (Update) and wipe, you should have to at least redo your, email, or something, I still have everything just the same, only the number has changed, nothing else. Eventhe kernal is the sameone that I had before, or at least the number is the same, I don't know, I'll try your rom, or reload my (4.2.2) and try this again, maybe I mested up somehow. This just do not look like kitkat to me..

Aeyan Ashraf

Jan 14, 2014
★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
Hey , I also want to download the new firmware . But I want to ask that can someone provide me detailed screenshots - lockscreen , home , settings , notification panel , about device . Please provide me . It will be a big help .

Tquarter

Aug 4, 2012
Here is something else; I downloaded from one of the post, not your link, now every thing went ok, I loaded with ODEN, (PDA) and all that, I had a offical Stock (rooted), after the install of the (kitkat) I still have what looks like my offical stock rom, only the number has changed to (4.4.2), I did not have to reload any settings at all, now I am not that great with all this, however, I do be live that when you boot into to (download mode), and load a (Update) and wipe, you should have to at least redo your, email, or something, I still have everything just the same, only the number has changed, nothing else. Eventhe kernal is the sameone that I had before, or at least the number is the same, I don't know, I'll try your rom, or reload my (4.2.2) and try this again, maybe I mested up somehow. This just do not look like kitkat to me..

Same here. I was expecting something fabulous, and it's the same as 4.2. Oh...new keyboard. And a little snappier. (Maybe):confused:

P

podagee

the zip flash also did not work for me. went back to stock and gonna try again

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com
Same issue runing CAG-mans latest ROM

The "update-script" contains the following:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "santos10wifi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "santos10wifi" || abort("This package is for \"santos10wifi\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););
ui_print("");
ui_print("+++++++++++++++++++++");
ui_print(" TWRP v-2.7.1.0 ");
ui_print("Galaxy Tab 3 gt-p5210");
#
ui_print("Flashing");
#
#
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p11");
#
ui_print("Done");

I don't see what the issue is you highlighted there? My current rom is for the p5210. Everything you posted in my quote states p5210.

If you have a p5210 please pm me so I can find the issue.

If you have a p5200 (3g) device I don't have a ready rom yet and I'm looking for testers. I have tried to make that clear in the rom forum. I will check for clarity.

AAA-STONE

Feb 7, 2014
please help

Could you please explain steps to install. Im using twrp and it fails.. Pimpdroid , grevius and aromat installs fine. I also cannot get the cwm recovery or philz recovery to install. m not such a noob but this tab 3 is making me feel like 1. Thanks

P

podagee

Could you please explain steps to install. Im using twrp and it fails.. Pimpdroid , grevius and aromat installs fine. I also cannot get the cwm recovery or philz recovery to install. m not such a noob but this tab 3 is making me feel like 1. Thanks
Yep. Agree. With feeling like a noob again. Idk what to do either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5210. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
    Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is also available. The deodexed / rooted build also has unsecure boot, courtesy of @moonbutt74

NOTE: if you flash the deodexed version and have problems with root, flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from here. I don't anticipate any root problems, but just in case, this will fix it.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5210(fixed).zip
    deodexed + rooted: STOCK-ROOTED-DEODEXED-4.4.2-P5210(fixed).zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.
    Can't wait for the rooted build! I wonder though, since it is based on the Canadian release, will it contain the same language pack as the European devices?

Rooted / deodexed build will be up in about 15 minutes, it's uploading right now and at about 84% :)

Took enough work, this thing did NOT want to be deodexed. Took about 6 hours.

edit: it's up. enjoy :)
    The deodexed + rooted build is fixed, uploading as we speak.

edit: it's up

:confused: I would like to ask, can anyone tell me/ give me a "link" on how to remove these "app's" in "4.4.2" most of them I do not use, and the only way that I know is to use the installed "app mangement" tool, but is there another way to uninstall them, maybe with another app.

My rom has root, and it works well, I just do no like these app's.

Thank You for your trouble, :D

Oh , bro it's so much easy . If you have root then everything is easy . Download root explorer from play store(speed software) open and go to system/app/ and click on mount r/w & grant root access . And delete the apks and well as it .odex files . After reboot you will find the apps deleted .

Don't forget to press the thanx button !!!!!!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app