5,815,061 Members 37,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [ROOT] [4.4+] Emoji Switcher

Tip us?

Galactus
Old
(Last edited by Galactus; 20th July 2014 at 11:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by adichandra View Post
using htc one m8, i changed the icon set to iOS style, but in Clash of clans when i put the smiley, it doesn't show up,if i check COC with my iphone, the smiley character i typed on my m8 showed up on my iphone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood246 View Post
HTC One M7 here, stock Sense 6.0 rooted. This app isn't working for me. I granted it superuser access, and I have BusyBox installed.
If your using a M7 or M8 then you have to do some more steps. Normally Android will look for the emoji in either AndroidEmoji.tff (this is where the stock android black and white Emoji is) or NotoColorEmoji.tff (this is where the stock Android Emoji is with colour, so the same as the one from Hangouts or stock Android rom. Samsung and LG have their custom Emoji here as well)

HTC however have their own custom tff and didn't bother to use NotoColorEmoji.tff - Instead they made their own tff called AndroidEmoji-htc.tff. Inside /etc there is a file called fallback fonts. At the bottom is a list of Emoji fonts the phone looks for. These can be renamed but thats more effort than necessary. The steps below should help you.

1. Go to System/fonts and rename AndroidEmoji-htc.tff to AndroidEmoji-htc.stock

2. Reboot

3. New Emoji should be visible. I tried this using ARHD and InsertCoin on the M7. Worked fine

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_N_Y_ View Post
Is There Anyway The Sense Emojis Can Get Added? I'm Not A Fan Of The Other Emojis Lol
I doubt it would work. I tried it before on a stock Android build (GPE for the M7) by manually adding the HTC tff emoji file and telling fallback fonts XML to look for it and although it worked, they were only black and white silhouettes and were missing colour

T_O_N_Y_
Old
Thanks Meter 12
---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

I doubt it would work. I tried it before on a stock Android build (GPE for the M7) by manually adding the HTC tff emoji file and telling fallback fonts XML to look for it and although it worked, they were only black and white silhouettes and were missing colour[/QUOTE]

Yea I Tried Doing It Myself & That's What I'm Currently Dealing With :\

CEM90
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I hate how the Samsung emojis look. This app came in handy.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Electrodeath0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
This info is very helpful, thanks! Next version, the app will do this automatically.

Hooterman
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Worked perfect on my G3 with BusyBox installed. Finally back to Google emoji!

Thank you so much for this!!

dragon_76
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Microsoft Emojis? Like on Windows Phone and Windows 8.1?

svetinha
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Just installed on my LG G2 (with CloudyG3 1.2) and i really wanted to change my emojis, as i don't like the LG ones...
LG G2 16 GB

Aletheia
Old
(Last edited by Aletheia; 30th July 2014 at 09:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Awesome!
I hate how the glans looking stock emojis doesn't convey the right feeling on other devices.

Also worked like a charm on GPE m7

Edit2: disregard everything below (I guess I now know why the standard support answer is "have you tried to reboot"

Edit:
Spoke to soon and read to little. They don't seem to show up in the "text box" but they send okay.
*Off to read the whole thread...*

apoklyps3
Old
(Last edited by apoklyps3; 1st August 2014 at 09:15 AM.) Reason: add more info
Thanks Meter 1
Hi all.
I'm on SGS2 Resurrection Remix KK 5.1.5 and i keep getting status : UNKNOWN whenever I switch emojis to anything else but "Google".
That status wouldn't bothered me, but it doesn't work. whenever I switch to anything else the emjis are still the default google emojis but they don't even have previews in swifkey keyboard (wich I use).
What I really want is to get IOS emojis because they seem to be similar to facebook emojis.
It must be Rom related, but is there any way I could fix this?
Thanks in advance

Electrodeath0
Old
(Last edited by Electrodeath0; 14th August 2014 at 06:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Everyone seems to want the HTC M8's emoji. Would anyone be willing to try building a .ttf for me using these tools?

I have the original M8 emoji font file, but it seems to be packaged differently. I would take a crack at it but school's starting up this week and I don't really have the time. Full credit will be given.

Tags
emoji