OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 8

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defsix

Running any Xposed Mods ?

Nope, running original stock firmware. No jailbreak/root.

Cheers,
13th June 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 8

23 posts
More
Update 13.06.2014: Guys, I have tried and flashed my Z2 with UK .402 and so far so good, I dont see that error message pop-up again after reboot.

Regards,
14th August 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
possible fix
i had this problem, amongst others stopping my phone. i pulled the sim card out, then rebooted the phone. the phone then showed it was updating all apps i let it boot up and it seemed to work. pulled battery and put sim card back in. and all ok so far. i have sent my phone 3 times away to vodafone for this repair, with android.clock stopping, android.phone stopped working and the phone actually crashing on the samsung screen and not even booting up. each time all they do is a factory reset. like duhhhh, i have never thought of that (sarcasm). i am hoping that doing this, will give my phone some sort of permanency in it's repair. i have not rooted the phone, it is stock.
Vodofone refused to replace the handset even though it had been in so many times for repair. word of advice. steer clear of vodafone. i am cancelling all my contracts with them.
sorry that went off topic, but i want a phone that works and vodafone will not help you in that matter.
14th August 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #14  
Flag Western Australia
Thanks Meter: 24

217 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbish

i had this problem, amongst others stopping my phone. i pulled the sim card out, then rebooted the phone. the phone then showed it was updating all apps i let it boot up and it seemed to work. pulled battery and put sim card back in. and all ok so far. i have sent my phone 3 times away to vodafone for this repair, with android.clock stopping, android.phone stopped working and the phone actually crashing on the samsung screen and not even booting up. each time all they do is a factory reset. like duhhhh, i have never thought of that (sarcasm). i am hoping that doing this, will give my phone some sort of permanency in it's repair. i have not rooted the phone, it is stock.
Vodofone refused to replace the handset even though it had been in so many times for repair. word of advice. steer clear of vodafone. i am cancelling all my contracts with them.
sorry that went off topic, but i want a phone that works and vodafone will not help you in that matter.

Xperia's have unremovable batteries, maybe you should steer clear of Samsungs
The Following User Says Thank You to drknezz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
Is that a good thing or a bad thing though? Cos sometimes taking a battery out is what could be needed to fix a problem.
But point taken. Perhaps a change of manufacturer would help

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
16th August 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #16  
Flag Birkenhead
Thanks Meter: 796

2,556 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbish

Is that a good thing or a bad thing though? Cos sometimes taking a battery out is what could be needed to fix a problem.
But point taken. Perhaps a change of manufacturer would help

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

I know people who advocated pulling the battery from devices as the only answer but I've yet to come across a situation on any device which couldn't be handled with >adb reboot or a three finger reset.
16th August 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 6

98 posts
There's actually a method on Xperia devices, to disconnect the battery and plug it back. It's called "Hard Reset". Yeah you don't take the battery out in reality, but this method does it in Matrix dimension. So, the consequences are the same.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread