Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Play Store

Tip us?

Cutterstark
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs up Google Play Services Has Stopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgrey_44 View Post
Try:
Delete Google Play Services and Play Store; reboot
reinstall GPS; reboot
reinstall PS; reboot

See if that makes it happy
I had the same problem. uninstalling the apps, rebooting and re-installing as described worked for me. I also cleared the cache in Settings:Applications. Cleared things up for me.

I found I had to turn off two factor authentication to log on to my Google Account on the Kindle.

Eric
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, XenonHD (4.2.2), Build JDQ39E
The Following User Says Thank You to Cutterstark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sashusmom
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky646260 View Post
Hi! I had the Couldn't sign in issue too and finally resolved it by going to my Google account security settings, then to App passwords. Using the 'Select app' drop-down menu I selected 'Other' and typed in 'Google Play on KFHDX' and hit generate. It will give you a password to sign in with instead of the one you had been trying and should work as expected from there.
I turned on google's 2 step verification sign in and found I had to do the above step weeks after I had google market up and running. Did the whole thing on my laptop- named the device, hit generate, and it was automagically added into my kindle and things worked as before.
SG Note-i717 -SG Mega i527 (stock KK) iphone 5s-JB nokia 521/win8.1
SG note 8/JB TF101/dock/kitkat
It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to sashusmom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]