[Q] eXistenz ultra 2.0.5 Xperia SL - few queries

OP PlayPratz

13th June 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

18 posts
More
Hello everyone!

Let me introduce myself in my first xda thread ever - I'm Pratz. I have been using xda for custom roms and mods since about 2-3 years now. I really love this site and it has helped me learn a lot.

Now to my queries.
(1) I have installed eXistenz Ultra 2.0.5 on my Xperia SL. Since it was meant for the Xperia S, my device is recognized as the S everywhere. How do I change that? My guess is in build.prop?
(2) eXistenz rom has a feature of killing apps when I hold the back button. How do I disable that? By editing some framework files maybe?

Please help me out here. I wasn't allowed to post in the eXistenz thread due to my experience.

If the above problems are unsolvable, can anyone tell me the best Xperia Z2/Z1/ZU framework for Xperia S/SL? The best one I can find is ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420551 ) but apparently it was last edited in Sept 2013, so I believed there would be a newer one.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by PlayPratz; 13th June 2014 at 06:03 PM.
14th June 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 176

465 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPratz

Hello everyone!
Let me introduce myself in my first xda thread ever - I'm Pratz. I have been using xda for custom roms and mods since about 2-3 years now. I really love this site and it has helped me learn a lot.
Now to my queries.
(1) I have installed eXistenz Ultra 2.0.5 on my Xperia SL. Since it was meant for the Xperia S, my device is recognized as the S everywhere. How do I change that? My guess is in build.prop?
(2) eXistenz rom has a feature of killing apps when I hold the back button. How do I disable that? By editing some framework files maybe?
Please help me out here. I wasn't allowed to post in the eXistenz thread due to my experience.
If the above problems are unsolvable, can anyone tell me the best Xperia Z2/Z1/ZU framework for Xperia S/SL? The best one I can find is ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420551 ) but apparently it was last edited in Sept 2013, so I believed there would be a newer one.
Thanks in advance!

Yes, editing build.prop will change the name, but it is highly unsafe to do so, as You may get stuck in bootloop if You edit even a single wrong value. Wait for someone who has done it to reply it to You.

And if You were to search, You would have found the way to disable that kill option in Existenz thread only. Here it is. You can try Honami Style by abo hani, it is pretty good too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayPratz

Hello everyone!

Now to my queries.

Thanks in advance!

Yea Bro
you can do it by just editing the build.prop
I did so
but make double triple or forable check and be sure that there are no errors in the build.prop
if any prob then u will be stuck at boot
BEWARE!!

if something went wrong just refalsh the rom using flashtools and u are set to go..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread