Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone's charging port cover broken yet?

Tip us?

adie1234
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Do ebay sell these? Mite buy a few in case......u never know lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bnight
Old
Thanks Meter 14
My SonyEricsson X8 has something similar on it`s charging port and it works fine for don`t know how many years now probably 3 or 4. Don`t see why we should have any issues with the Galaxy S5 cover as it`s made in the same way.

jopat
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnight View Post
My SonyEricsson X8 has something similar on it`s charging port and it works fine for don`t know how many years now probably 3 or 4. Don`t see why we should have any issues with the Galaxy S5 cover as it`s made in the same way.
It depends on how you pull and push it. I personally haven't broken anything out of more than 10 phones I've ever owned and used, no scratches either.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 409
It's a bit fragile, but it will probably last 2 or 3 years with a bit of care.
If a replacement can be bought for $5 and installed with a screwdriver.. I don't think it's of much concern.

gary.lavin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
If a replacement can be bought for $5 and installed with a screwdriver.. I don't think it's of much concern.
My wife's just broke after 2 months of use. TMobile refer you to Samsung who say they will fix it for free but it's a 2 week turn around. Don't know who would choose that option. They also say that fixing it yourself or another 3rd party voids the warranty.

aguarello
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up :)

Had it for 2 months now, no issues at least yet
Nokia 5200 Retired
LG KP570 Retired
Samsung i5800 Retired
Xperia S Lt26i Retired

Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G900F
STOCK 4.4.2 G900FXXU1ANG2 - ROOTED

I do my best to help where I can. If I helped you, please click "Thanks" button.
You can "buy me a beer" also if you really want to, I'm currently unemployed so you would seriously help me out... "DONATE TO ME" button is on the left under my username.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary.lavin View Post
My wife's just broke after 2 months of use. TMobile refer you to Samsung who say they will fix it for free but it's a 2 week turn around. Don't know who would choose that option. They also say that fixing it yourself or another 3rd party voids the warranty.

Some people will have bad luck or some people are harsh in how they handle equipment. Mine is three months old without the slightest sign of wear on the USB port cover. Regardless the part can now be found for less than < $1 and it only takes two minutes to install.

Voiding your warranty? Only if you told them that you did it yourself. And if you really thought that was a good approach, then you have larger issues than your phone's warranty.

stevey500
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
That would be nice if that is the case. I hope it doesn't require a full disassemble as the S5's waterproof design is a bit of a PITA to take apart and put back together unlike the S5 that takes under 60 seconds to take apart and reassemble.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey500 View Post
That would be nice if that is the case. I hope it doesn't require a full disassemble as the S5's waterproof design is a bit of a PITA to take apart and put back together unlike the S5 that takes under 60 seconds to take apart and reassemble.
Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZB9aFOFqDU is a guide to replace the usb cover flap. If you use your phone with a bit if caution it will probably hold for a year until the S6 launches
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

stevey500
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZB9aFOFqDU is a guide to replace the usb cover flap. If you use your phone with a bit if caution it will probably hold for a year until the S6 launches
Well, Booyah! That's simple.

Needs to be put on a sticky-thread that has all-in-one info for S5.