Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+] Javelin Browser - Adblock, KitKat Transparency, VPN, True Multi-tasking

Tip us?

drmxmyt
Old
Thanks Meter 70
hey guys. is there any option to disable the password protection. its really fraustrating to enter it every single time. i mailed the dev and he said there is an Option in the Options menu but couldnt find it.
-.-

billydroid
Old
Thanks Meter 191
I have and HTC m8 and this browser crashes more than anything I have ever seen. Especially when trying to to handle pop ups. Does any one here go to icefilms? That site really puts pop up blockers to the test and javelin browser just freezes up when trying to handle them.

Moscha
Old
(Last edited by Moscha; 15th July 2014 at 05:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Wow, much smoother than Firefox and Chrome on my Nexus 7 2012. Also the UI is good looking.

Bought Pro Version to support development!

Feature Wishes: ChromeCast Support for Videos (Embedding Web Video caster / vget) , Option to disable the Spirit Button on the left Menu for people who are not using it. I also like to default Homepage with search, but I think it would be faster if it's an embedded page on the local device (embedded into the browser) instead of loading it everything from the Web.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
● Motorola Defy (MB525 Green Lens) ● Nexus 7 2012 (Grouper) ● Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)

Moscha
Old
Thanks Meter 5
First bugs?: A lot of times I've been asked from Javelin with which app I want to open the URL of a website. (Javelin is already default browser). And some Crashes during surfing.

Using Stock Android 4.4.4 on my devices (Nexus 5 and 7 2012).

Gesendet von meinem Androiden mit Tapatalk
● Motorola Defy (MB525 Green Lens) ● Nexus 7 2012 (Grouper) ● Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)

mrbubba999
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Would it be possible to import chrome bookmarks into their folders? I have a lot of bookmarks all sorted into folders, once imported, it's impossible to find the bookmarks I want to use, as there's now just a huge list

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nexus 5
Stock with xposed framework
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbubba999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

odd1ne
Old
Thanks Meter 5
its not a huge problem but I have noticed when typing an address in there is a delay in when it actually goes on. So when typing www.xda-developers.com it takes about 20 seconds or so. It does this on both my note 2 and nexus 7 2012. Anyone else like this?

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25936

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinbrowser View Post
Hi guys,

It is my opinion that mobile browsers on Android suck because most of them are focused on feature count over ACTUAL mobile usability -- With most mobile browsers to be just a desktop browser squeezed into a small screen.

So I built Javelin Browser, extending from the very great code-base of Lightning Browser. Like Lightning Browser, Javelin is light-weight, and super-fast.

But that is nowhere enough. To get the mobile part right, here’s what I did.
  • MINIMAL DESIGN to be minimalistic, intuitive, and beautiful.
  • ADDED ADBLOCK natively, using the implementation of Adblock Plus with Easylist.
  • ONE-TOUCH gesture per action
  • READ EASILY with a reading mode just like Pocket app, Instapaper, Readability, etc.

Download now: Search for Javelin Browser on Google Play

Official Website: JavelinBrowser.com

My email address: hello@javelinbrowser.com

Click here for more images.

This is an on-going project. As of April 2014, this is my second month into this. I’m commited to the Javelin project for at least the next 2 years. Let me know what you think!

Next release:
  • Fully featured Omnibox (It'll resemble that more of Firefox rather than Chrome - The suggestions will will lean slightly towards web-history/bookmarks over than web-search)
  • Bookmarks.. Chrome Bookmarks import for one. (I personally want this)

In the pipeline:

* Javelin on Android Wear
* Link Bubble: Oh man, I love the idea. But it is really just chatheads + preloading of URLs and showing an overlay of a webview. It lacks a full browser backend. So yes. I plan to implement some sort of Chathead + Preloading feature in the very near future.

----

Addendum (full disclosure):

- Javelin is a forked project of Lightning Browser, under Apache License 2.0. Here's the link to the repo: https://github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser

- As is with the app permissions, the app does register your email addresses to identify you as a user, and from time-to-time, you might receive a newsletter that you can opt-out anytime.
Please note: Anyone spamming the forums with threads in order to gain the bribe of this developer to get his pro version will have actions taken against them. This is the only place for this thread as was told to the OP.
Thank you for your cooperation
Senior Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

JT1510365
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Wink Nice Browser!

I really love javelin The Ui is very nice and the browser really is super fast. I would recommend this to all my friends. Only problem though is that I can't get it on my galaxy tab 3 by Samsung. SAD!

Good Work Though!