Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 48,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Adjusting DPI messes up lockscreen

Tip us?
 
motiv77
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
So nobody has any idea how to fix this? It's the only thing that's keeping me from changing the dpi

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy S5 / LG G3
 
Reechings
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 589
Join Date: Jan 2012
Not sure if everyone already figured this out but setting the systemui to 480 in app settings does fix the lockscreen issue. You just have to make sure that you reboot the phone. Unfortunately systemui controls a lot of the things that I want to have the lower DPI such as status bar. I then had to set 480 for the camera and the incallui to fix them.

Tapped It!
 
nicholaschum
Old
#13  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,109
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reechings View Post
Not sure if everyone already figured this out but setting the systemui to 480 in app settings does fix the lockscreen issue. You just have to make sure that you reboot the phone. Unfortunately systemui controls a lot of the things that I want to have the lower DPI such as status bar. I then had to set 480 for the camera and the incallui to fix them.

Tapped It!
SystemUI is basically most of the phone and the reason why people adjust it below stock in the first reason.

I might as well stick to stock DPI...LOL
ROM Problem? Try this or ask me on G+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Primary Phone: OnePlus One - A0001
Mahdi v2.7 14/09, ak v40b08, MR-TWRP 2.8.0

Secondary Phone: Note 3 - SM-N900W8
Temasek UO v133, Temasek v3.93, TWRP 2.7.2, NA2 BL, NB7 CP, 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)

OnePlus One ◆ Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II


 
Reechings
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 589
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum View Post
SystemUI is basically most of the phone and the reason why people adjust it below stock in the first reason.

I might as well stick to stock DPI...LOL
Yeah that's what I was saying. I actually have gone back to 480 and am just using custom settings on apps I want. A lot of the stock Samsung apps only work properly at 480.

Tapped It!
 
tp2215
Old
#15  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,848
Posts: 1,724
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv77 View Post
So nobody has any idea how to fix this? It's the only thing that's keeping me from changing the dpi

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
There is no fix for the lock screen. Samsung compiles all the firmwares with only one dpi in mind. To fix it someone would have to decompile keyguard.apk and increase all the values to the specific dpi. Pretty big project.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Reechings
Old
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 589
Join Date: Jan 2012
I wish the status bar and quicksettings were separate from the systemui then we could probably take care of them with the app settings xposed mod too

Tapped It!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more