Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

Adjusting DPI messes up lockscreen

OP Reechings

18th July 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
So nobody has any idea how to fix this? It's the only thing that's keeping me from changing the dpi

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th August 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149

733 posts
Not sure if everyone already figured this out but setting the systemui to 480 in app settings does fix the lockscreen issue. You just have to make sure that you reboot the phone. Unfortunately systemui controls a lot of the things that I want to have the lower DPI such as status bar. I then had to set 480 for the camera and the incallui to fix them.

Tapped It!
17th August 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #13  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,506

2,072 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reechings

Not sure if everyone already figured this out but setting the systemui to 480 in app settings does fix the lockscreen issue. You just have to make sure that you reboot the phone. Unfortunately systemui controls a lot of the things that I want to have the lower DPI such as status bar. I then had to set 480 for the camera and the incallui to fix them.

Tapped It!

SystemUI is basically most of the phone and the reason why people adjust it below stock in the first reason.

I might as well stick to stock DPI...LOL
17th August 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

733 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

SystemUI is basically most of the phone and the reason why people adjust it below stock in the first reason.

I might as well stick to stock DPI...LOL

Yeah that's what I was saying. I actually have gone back to 480 and am just using custom settings on apps I want. A lot of the stock Samsung apps only work properly at 480.

Tapped It!
17th August 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #15  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 2,971

1,790 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv77

So nobody has any idea how to fix this? It's the only thing that's keeping me from changing the dpi

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is no fix for the lock screen. Samsung compiles all the firmwares with only one dpi in mind. To fix it someone would have to decompile keyguard.apk and increase all the values to the specific dpi. Pretty big project.
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

733 posts
I wish the status bar and quicksettings were separate from the systemui then we could probably take care of them with the app settings xposed mod too

Tapped It!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread