Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][KERNEL MODULE] wp_mod: disable system write protection

Tip us?

Sn8kbordin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
So do you now know which or to use?
Just wanted to double check
Thank you.

Sn8kbordin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
So do you now know which one to use?
I only wanted to fix apps' write access to SD card on my T-Mobile HTC One M8. I didn't use this wp_mod. I did it this way http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=13

DeGozaru
Old
(Last edited by DeGozaru; 17th August 2014 at 11:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8kbordin View Post
I only wanted to fix apps' write access to SD card on my T-Mobile HTC One M8. I didn't use this wp_mod. I did it this way http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=13
Just to help clarify things, I have tried both the wp_mod.ko and platform.xml 'fixes' and only been successful with enabling write access to the external SD.

I have followed the steps for editing and replacing the wp_mod file but still don't have access to system. Have been testing by attempting to install Busybox. Does not install if attempting to install to /system/xbin. Reboots phone automatically if installing to /system/bin.

International HTC One M8
Android 4.4.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Desperate to sink my teeth into Xposed again.

flar2
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 25512

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGozaru View Post
Just to help clarify things, I have tried both the wp_mod.ko and platform.xml 'fixes' and only been successful with enabling write access to the external SD.

I have followed the steps for editing and replacing the wp_mod file but still don't have access to system. Have been testing by attempting to install Busybox. Does not install if attempting to install to /system/xbin. Reboots phone automatically if installing to /system/bin.

International HTC One M8
Android 4.4.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Desperate to sink my teeth into Xposed again.
Your system partition is corrupt, you need to reinstall, run fsck or restore from backup.

DeGozaru
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar2 View Post
Your system partition is corrupt, you need to reinstall, run fsck or restore from backup.
Really? Well, that sucks.

Any chance on a step by step from a fresh stock install to get root, write protection disabled and system writing enabled?