Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,414 Members 50,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Changing the LCD DPI Density

Tip us?

Det45ku11
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnn888 View Post
hey did you get the alarm clock working perfectly with 480? seems i am having fc no matter what dpi i set it back to. any solution?
530 does the trick for me. Not that i use it when timely is around.
I use 440 systemwide and just change the apps that doesn΄t play well with it to 530/640.

Jagdish84
Old
(Last edited by Jagdish84; 11th August 2014 at 08:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 219
i just changed mine to 560 and lost system sounds throughout the system...changing it back to 640 wont help either
keyboard wont make typing sound, lockscreen wont make unlocking sound and so on, anyone came across this kindda issue?
Edit: factory reset wont help as well

Pfeffernuss
Old
Thanks Meter 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdish84 View Post
i just changed mine to 560 and lost system sounds throughout the system...changing it back to 640 wont help either
keyboard wont make typing sound, lockscreen wont make unlocking sound and so on, anyone came across this kindda issue?
You edited the file using an editor which truncates build.prop as it is a rather big (>10KB) file.

Edit it using a proper editor or even better, on a PC. This will work for sure. Push back to phone, copy to /system, set permissions, reboot, profit

LG G3 32GB D855 • Stock Android 4.4.2 V10j Rom • Stock kernel • Tethered recovery
Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4 • GE Danvdh 27-06-2014 • Googy kernel • XXUFNA1
Nexus7 2013 Flo • Android 4.4.3 • ElementalX 2.12 kernel • KOT49H
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 • AOKP CM10.3 • Default kernel
HTC Flyer 3G • ICS Yetki 1.2 • ChaosX 2.6.35.10 kernel

Jagdish84
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss View Post
You edited the file using an editor which truncates build.prop as it is a rather big (>10KB) file.

Edit it using a proper editor or even better, on a PC. This will work for sure. Push back to phone, copy to /system, set permissions, reboot, profit
Thanks for a speedy reply!
So as i see it now i need to flash stock again in order to restore my build.prop to its regular form?
i feel rather stupid not backing it up, im comming from the Nexus 4 so im all like everything is recoverable rather easily state of mind :|

Pfeffernuss
Old
Thanks Meter 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdish84 View Post
Thanks for a speedy reply!
So as i see it now i need to flash stock again in order to restore my build.prop to its regular form?
i feel rather stupid not backing it up, im comming from the Nexus 4 so im all like everything is recoverable rather easily state of mind :|
Or push build.prop to phone using adb or flash a bootable zip containing the stock build.prop using the tethered recovery. Flashing stock is easiest I guess, yes

LG G3 32GB D855 • Stock Android 4.4.2 V10j Rom • Stock kernel • Tethered recovery
Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4 • GE Danvdh 27-06-2014 • Googy kernel • XXUFNA1
Nexus7 2013 Flo • Android 4.4.3 • ElementalX 2.12 kernel • KOT49H
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 • AOKP CM10.3 • Default kernel
HTC Flyer 3G • ICS Yetki 1.2 • ChaosX 2.6.35.10 kernel

Jagdish84
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss View Post
Or push build.prop to phone using adb or flash a bootable zip containing the stock build.prop using the tethered recovery. Flashing stock is easiest I guess, yes
Right will do so when i get back from the office, cheers for all the help! its a real pain getting used to a new phone! especially coming from a nexus device...

s_special
Old
(Last edited by s_special; 17th August 2014 at 08:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
What setting are you guys using to not get an error when opening app settings?

Ran into a issue with screen DPI 540 and
Can't access app info. Keep getting this message.
I also tried 560 and 580 and had the same error message. Anyone else experiencing this?

I also tried using the xposed module app settings to change the phone's settings application to stock 640. nothing seems to work . To anyone attempting this mod make sure you do a nandroid backup before. I couldn't get the app settings back even after putting the DPI back to 640.

s_special
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I ended up trying again but instead of editing the build prop I used the xposed module app settings. I only edited the system UI. That seems to work without any of the error message. Only issue now is that the lockscreen needs to be adjusted.

Does anyone know the file to edit the lockscreen?