Ask a question

No registration required

Connecting to QPST

OP ajbent86

11th June 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Anyone been able to connect the GS5 to QPST? I am trying to backup my NV data (IMEI) prior to flashing my phone with custom ROMS.

I am familiar with QPST and have done the process several times on older phones. When i attempt to connect using version 2.7 Build 411, the software will recognize the device. However, when i read from the device, it will freeze an display "The phone has stopped responding to memory read/write commands.".

I have not been able to find any discussion around the GS5 and this process yet.
19th June 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,139

2,671 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbent86

Anyone been able to connect the GS5 to QPST? I am trying to backup my NV data (IMEI) prior to flashing my phone with custom ROMS.

I am familiar with QPST and have done the process several times on older phones. When i attempt to connect using version 2.7 Build 411, the software will recognize the device. However, when i read from the device, it will freeze an display "The phone has stopped responding to memory read/write commands.".

I have not been able to find any discussion around the GS5 and this process yet.

there might b somethin u need to set in the hidden menu.. i remember having to put it in diag mode or something on oldr phones but i havent messed with it in years myself but im sure there more to it than pluggin it n and copying it

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
16th August 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 16

32 posts
More
Quote:

May i ask how do you open the diag port on galaxy s5 ? thank you very much
17th August 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,287

8,920 posts
More
Quote:

No idea for QPST but you could try this method to backup the EFS folder http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2737448.
Last edited by gee2012; 17th August 2014 at 09:08 AM.
18th August 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #5  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 387

1,792 posts
More
There is also an exposed module that will backup your efs/imei
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread