[GUIDE] Unlock Bootloader and Flash Custom Recovery L90 D410, D405n, D405 [CWM][TWR]

Search This thread

gdjindal

THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR L90 D410, D405, D405n

First of all, This is not my original work.
I am just sharing this GUIDE for easy Bootloader Unlocking and flashing Custom Recovery to L90.

I have tested this method myself and it is working perfectly for me, but it is also possible that it might not work for you for some reasons, so don't panic, just post your problem or whatever error you are facing (please attach screenshot if possible). I or other thread members will try to troubleshoot it. After resolving the problem I'll update this post, so that other members do not face such problem again.
  • PLEASE, USE THIS TUTORIAL AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG (because of your stupidity) ME OR XDA WILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LOSS.

Root Access required to Unlocking Bootloader and Flashing Recovery. If you are already rooted then go on, if not then down towelroot apk from https://towelroot.com/ and root your phone and install superuser from play store.

If towelroot is not supported to your device, then follow my EASY ROOTING GUIDE below :-

[GUIDE] [NEW] Root All L90 Varients with Latest updates [EASY]

DEVICES FLASHED WITH THIS GUIDE AND TESTED OK: LG L90 (D410)

Follow this guide step by step :-

1. Download and extract L90_D4##_v10x_aboot.zip (# = your device model, x = version of stock firmware) and any custom recovery zip you want to flash from the attachments below this post to external sd card (aboot.bin should be on external sd (/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin) , not in any other folder.

2. Download and install terminal from play store and run it.

3. Now type following commands in terminal :-

su
dd if=/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
(Grant superuse permission to terminal after typing "SU" command)

4. Exit terminal, download and install Flashify from play store. Run it and grant root access.

5. Tap on Recovery image > chose a file > select recovery.img file

6. Tap on Yup!

That's it you are done

HOW TO BOOT INTO RECOVERY PRESSING VOLUME AND POWER KEY

You can reboot to recovery via flashify app or following key combination: -

Power of your phone press both Volume Down + Power Button same time, As soon as the LG logo appears release both buttons and immediately press and hold same buttons (Volume Down+Power) again. Now Factory data reset screen will appear saying "Erase all user data & restore default settings?". Use volume down key to select "Yes" and press power button to confirm and now you should be in recovery. (Caution: Don't try this while stock recovery installed or it will erase all your data)

In case of brick or want to flash stock firmware, please follow this guide :

[Easy][GUIDE][UNROOT][RELOCK BOOTLOADER]Flash Stock KDZ Offline LG L90 [All Variants]

Here is also another method to unlock bootloder using ADB on PC by @
SubliemeSiem

Guide to unlocking the bootloader on the L90 using ADB

Attachments

• L90_D410_v10c_aboot.zip
    288 KB · Views: 6,234
  • L90_D410_v10d_aboot.zip
    286.6 KB · Views: 4,451
  • L90_D405n_v10b_aboot.zip
    288.1 KB · Views: 7,593
  • twrp_2.zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 12,732
  • cwm.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 11,050
  • L90_D405_v10a_aboot.zip
    271.7 KB · Views: 3,479
Last edited:

crosswire

Mar 27, 2014
I used evoname's autopatcher, does this aboot work for all variants from v10a to v10d? I thought they all had their separate aboots.
anyways the aboot patch works, tested on my d410 v10b

is "dd if=/storage/external_SD/aboot.binde" a typo?

I advice that users first enable fastboot and make backup before doing this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edvinoske

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Please help!!!!

Hi guys,
I've bricked my D415 by flashing the aboot.bin for the D410.
Now my device doesn't turn on, even when I connect the charger. However when I connect the charger cable with the battery out, the phone turnson and shows a signal to put battery back.

Is there any way to solve this issue? Maybe by reflashing the aboot.bin (I backed it up before).........

Help plz... :(

gdjindal

Hi guys,
Now my device doesn't turn on, even when I connect the charger. However when I connect the charger cable with the battery out, the phone turnson and shows a signal to put battery back.

Is there any way to solve this issue? Maybe by reflashing the aboot.bin (I backed it up before).........

http://xdaforums.com/lg-l90/general/guide-flash-stock-kdz-offline-lg-l90-t2803479
follow my this guide

Reactions: VR25

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Hi guys,

If ADB still recognizes your device, then yes, flash back your original aboot image. Otherwise, it's KDZ flash. Did you zero out your laf partition to enable fastboot? If so, put device in fastboot mode and flash aboot backup with
Code:
fastboot flash aboot "path/to/aboot.bin"

Reactions: gdjindal and VR25

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
If ADB still recognizes your device, then yes, flash back your original aboot image. Otherwise, it's KDZ flash. Did you zero out your laf partition to enable fastboot? If so, put device in fastboot mode and flash aboot backup with
Code:

My device is completely dead...
It doesn't turn on.
No fastboot, no download mode, no adb, no life... :(

But when I connect the usb without the battery, the phone lights up and shows a missing battery icon. Only in that situation. other things do not work, the phone is "The Walking Dead, Last Season"

I think that the aboot is the bootloader of everything... but the question is "why does the phone show the missing battery icon, and then when I put the battery back it doesn't show anything...? No charging, [nothing].

goldfinv

May 22, 2013
Worked great on my new d410, thanks. I noticed cwm has no backup to ext sdcard. Its this a phone limitation or its from cwm recovery?, so I'll switch to twrp instead. Cus phone memory is too small for my full cwm backup

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

miketgv

Apr 28, 2010
Bricked....?

Hello all, I think I bricked my phone (lgl90 D410) I followed instruction from first post , also this is not the first time I do something like this on a phone.
Everything seamed to be fine during the process, but when I tried to boot in recovery the phone wont start at all, the only sign of "life" is when I pull out the battery and plug in the USB cable it shows maybe a warning that the battery is missing, that is all :(((((,.
Can some one help me, can I fix this or I should go with warranty ? Thank you in advance !
BR,
Mike

Last edited:

gdjindal

Hello all, I think I bricked my phone (lgl90 D410) I followed instruction from first post , also this is not the first time I do something like this on a phone.
Everything seamed to be fine during the process, but when I tried to boot in recovery the phone wont start at all, the only sign of "life" is when I pull out the battery and plug in the USB cable it shows maybe a warning that the battery is missing, that is all :(((((,.
Can some one help me, can I fix this or I should go with warranty ? Thank you in advance !
BR,
Mike

Follow this guide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2803479

[Easy][GUIDE][UNROOT][RELOCK BOOTLOADER]Flash Stock KDZ Offline LG L90 [All Variants]

k2wl

Apr 19, 2008
i have done it a little different way that OP said. on my INDIAN D410
here is what i have done.

1.i have rooted with towelroot and install "supersu,busybox and quick boot "from playstore
2.enabled developer settings in about phone.
3.go to developer settings and enabled usb debugging
4.connect phone to pc in MTP mode
5.open terminal on my ubuntu(you can use windows with adb installed)
6.given following commands
(accept the rsa key prompt if appears)
(grand super user request)
dd if=/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
reboot
(after reboot go to adb shell again with su propmt)
dd if=/storage/external_SD/cwm.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
(you can use cwm.img or twrp.img from quarx's cm11 thread)
in quick boot >>>click recovery>>grant super user
and you are in recovery.

i think this is a easy way as no one has to type commands on mobile which is cubbersome and liitle uneasy.

here you can copy paste if you want...:)

gdjindal

1.i have rooted with towelroot and install "supersu,busybox and quick boot "from playstore
and you are in recovery.

i think this is a easy way as no one has to type commands on mobile which is cubbersome and liitle uneasy.

Thanks for suggestion buddy,

I am aware of this method. You are just using a PC for hole process, but what I am thinking is, that not every L90 user can afford a PC (in INDIA) :( , but can afford Terminal app for free from play store

Last edited by a moderator:

k2wl

Apr 19, 2008
Thanks for suggestion buddy,

I am aware of this method. You are just using a PC for hole process, but what I am thinking is, that not every L90 user can afford a PC (in INDIA) :( , but can afford Terminal app for free from play store
but you can add this as a alternative method in OP .
people can use what ever they want to.....right??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR L90 D410, D405, D405n

First of all, This is not my original work.
    I am just sharing this GUIDE for easy Bootloader Unlocking and flashing Custom Recovery to L90.

I have tested this method myself and it is working perfectly for me, but it is also possible that it might not work for you for some reasons, so don't panic, just post your problem or whatever error you are facing (please attach screenshot if possible). I or other thread members will try to troubleshoot it. After resolving the problem I'll update this post, so that other members do not face such problem again.
    • PLEASE, USE THIS TUTORIAL AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG (because of your stupidity) ME OR XDA WILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LOSS.

Root Access required to Unlocking Bootloader and Flashing Recovery. If you are already rooted then go on, if not then down towelroot apk from https://towelroot.com/ and root your phone and install superuser from play store.

If towelroot is not supported to your device, then follow my EASY ROOTING GUIDE below :-

[GUIDE] [NEW] Root All L90 Varients with Latest updates [EASY]

DEVICES FLASHED WITH THIS GUIDE AND TESTED OK: LG L90 (D410)

Follow this guide step by step :-

1. Download and extract L90_D4##_v10x_aboot.zip (# = your device model, x = version of stock firmware) and any custom recovery zip you want to flash from the attachments below this post to external sd card (aboot.bin should be on external sd (/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin) , not in any other folder.

2. Download and install terminal from play store and run it.

3. Now type following commands in terminal :-

su
    (Grant superuse permission to terminal after typing "SU" command)

4. Exit terminal, download and install Flashify from play store. Run it and grant root access.

5. Tap on Recovery image > chose a file > select recovery.img file

6. Tap on Yup!

That's it you are done

HOW TO BOOT INTO RECOVERY PRESSING VOLUME AND POWER KEY

You can reboot to recovery via flashify app or following key combination: -

Power of your phone press both Volume Down + Power Button same time, As soon as the LG logo appears release both buttons and immediately press and hold same buttons (Volume Down+Power) again. Now Factory data reset screen will appear saying "Erase all user data & restore default settings?". Use volume down key to select "Yes" and press power button to confirm and now you should be in recovery. (Caution: Don't try this while stock recovery installed or it will erase all your data)

In case of brick or want to flash stock firmware, please follow this guide :

Here is also another method to unlock bootloder using ADB on PC by @
    SubliemeSiem

Guide to unlocking the bootloader on the L90 using ADB
    @up
    You don't have su on Terminal. If you had the prompt would show "#" instead of "$".

Are you sure you granted Terminal superuser rights after using su? Check your superuser app to make sure it's granted. If no window appears when using su to grant superuser rights then you haven't rooted your L90 sucessfuly.

Edit: the screenshot shows you granted Terminal superuser rights. Remove it (don't block, just remove) and try again. If you don't see a dialog asking for grating rights when issuing su then something is wrong. Try another terminal app or use adb.

Sent from my LG-D410 using XDA Free mobile app
    i need aboot.bin for D405tr v10d
    plz help me

Hi

My soft version is v10f for 405n. What's the difference between these versions and should I consider installing aboot for v10b being stupid? How may I unlock bootloader then?

Thanks, L90 is really nice phone

Hello Guys,
    These aboot files are not cracked by me, so I don't know how to crack aboot file to unlock bootloader. I spent a whole day to search aboot files for your L90 Models and method to crack aboot file, but didn't get anything :(. I am very sorry that I am unable to help you guys. I will continue my search, as soon as I get something, I will update my thread.:good:

wojtek267
    I don't know if it is possible to unlock bootloader of v10f with v10b. I also don't know what will happen if you flash v10b aboot file to you phone. :confused: It could brick you device also, so be careful before trying this.

reboot
    dd if=/storage/external_SD/cwm.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    and you are in recovery.

Hi guys,

Code: