Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,877 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Stock ROM] Odin flashable N900PPUBVPUBNC5

Tip us?

micmars
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9499
Quote:
Originally Posted by danon.brown View Post
Is NC5 the latest? I installed it while back but thought there might be something else out by now.
Latest.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Acedooncoon
Old
(Last edited by Acedooncoon; 4th August 2014 at 06:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
So I flashed this via Odin and my Software # as well as baseband still says NAB....I've been reading comments from other post and a lot of people seems to have NAB....so Im confused....what should my info say? NAB or NC5? does anyone have a screenshot as to what my "About screen" should look like? Im asking becuz I still cant backup my current rom...I wanna do a full wipe...but then I dont want to do all that and STILL cant back up anything....any suggestions?

PS- Ive read the post on "How to root from 4.4.2 Kit Katt/Install TWRP" but that info is from Feb....is that outdated? should we still follow that method?

micmars
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedooncoon View Post
So I flashed this via Odin and my Software # as well as baseband still says NAB....I've been reading comments from other post and a lot of people seems to have NAB....so Im confused....what should my info say? NAB or NC5? does anyone have a screenshot as to what my "About screen" should look like? Im asking becuz I still cant backup my current rom...I wanna do a full wipe...but then I dont want to do all that and STILL cant back up anything....any suggestions?

PS- Ive read the post on "How to root from 4.4.2 Kit Katt/Install TWRP" but that info is from Feb....is that outdated? should we still follow that method?
If you flashed the tar, it absolutely should say NC5 under about phone.

The OP gives you all the steps needed to have a successful upgrade.

Factory reset your device,
Reboot,
Make certain everything is reset,
Power down your phone completely
Flash the tar inside the zip file I link in the OP using PC Odin,
Let the phone boot,
Go into about phone,
Your status should say official, and your firmware, baseband, etc, nothing should say NAB

After the above, flash custom recovery of choice, any rom you like, and you'll be able to backup what you wish.

This file is completely stock NC5.
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

delaneybob
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Question on NC5 on VRAMMC3

have a Samsung Note II Verizon on 4.1.2, baseband version I605VRAMC3. , Build JZ054K.I605VRAMC3. Just re-flashed only the modem to MC3 as I do not want to loose root on later builds (it's been a bit but recall VZW locking it down). Radio has been acting up so wanted a reflash

Anyone know of a way to get NC5 on my above release. if not, do I lose root, all my settings and icons etc when I take what is on this post?

BHurst
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaneybob View Post
have a Samsung Note II Verizon on 4.1.2, baseband version I605VRAMC3. , Build JZ054K.I605VRAMC3. Just re-flashed only the modem to MC3 as I do not want to loose root on later builds (it's been a bit but recall VZW locking it down). Radio has been acting up so wanted a reflash

Anyone know of a way to get NC5 on my above release. if not, do I lose root, all my settings and icons etc when I take what is on this post?
This is for a different phone and a different carrier. If you flash this you will most likely brick your phone.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BHurst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]