Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 51,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MPJ 4300mAh extended battery mini review

Tip us?

AuGmENTor
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diafthora View Post
It was free shipping, thankfully.
That's the newest gimmick. Newegg is even guilty of it (but if you're paying attention, at least they TELL you you're about to be screwed). Free shipping and good price, but it's shipping from China. Worse: Sometimes it takes like 3 weeks for them to even send it out the door! Knowing that, I'd much rather pay extra and have it sooner. Best bet now days is to contact the sellers on Amazon and Ebay to see where they ship from (if it doesn't say on their page).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob View Post
You'd think a bunch of people running Google software would be more familiar with their search engine...

Diafthora
Old
Thanks Meter 1
They actually ship from the Philippines, but yeah, it's coming from Asia

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuGmENTor View Post
That's the newest gimmick. Newegg is even guilty of it (but if you're paying attention, at least they TELL you you're about to be screwed). Free shipping and good price, but it's shipping from China. Worse: Sometimes it takes like 3 weeks for them to even send it out the door! Knowing that, I'd much rather pay extra and have it sooner. Best bet now days is to contact the sellers on Amazon and Ebay to see where they ship from (if it doesn't say on their page).
God damn it. This makes living in Australia even worse. There is a website called Kogan and Mobicity where I buy my devices and it ships from Hong Kong. But get this, they still want me to pay $15 AUD for shipping and it takes 3 to 4 weeks to come. Shipping fees even apply to their accessories and as far as I can tell, Ebay is the only online store that will ship free to Australia from overseas. So much BS.
Previous devices:

HTC Incredible S S710e (Eventually stopped turning on)

Nexus 7 2012 (Half the screen stopped responding to touch after leaving it for 2 months, also has weird marks on bezel, no idea from where)

Sony Xperia Z C6603 (Passed it down to family member, I actually hated this device)

Current devices:

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I

yestos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
use as back up always plug in the wall and switch 2 batteries whenever it gets low