Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 37,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][LINARO] Modded stock kernel - d802 [G2 + G3 ROMs][v0.41]

Tip us?

Kemby13
Old
Thanks Meter 76
@Robi959

Jbte! Robi, sto ti imas akumulator spojen na mob?
Nice sot man! Unbeliveable... Almost 4:30 hours sot with 52% of battery still remaining - wow! You are on stock 20F debloated + bruce kernel?
G2 (D802) 32Gb @ CloudyG3 v1.3 + Cloudy kernel v1.5

.......Hit thanks if i helped you

Robi959
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Izgleda haha.

Yes bruce kernel undervolted for 50 mv
Device: LG G2
ROM: stock rooted 4.4.2 20F
Kernel: Bruce kernel 0.41

S3y
Old
(Last edited by S3y; 16th August 2014 at 05:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteryx View Post
Short answer: if you want performance -- like when you play games -- then you can simply turn MP-Decision back on. In a short while it will replace the values you set with its own, based on its algorithms. For example (and this answers your second question), if you underclock and leave MP-Decision on, the service will be like: "well, the CPU is cool enough to step up the frequency for better performance" and as soon as an application demands this performance MP-Decision will overwrite your underclocked value with the highest value safe for the CPU's temperature at that moment. If your CPU is cool then MAX_freq will definitely be set at 2,23 GHz. I'm sorry, I don't know exactly what frequencies are set at which temperatures.

I see you like my long answers. Then maybe you'll also like this, best explanation of MP-Decision wrote by Trickster Mod's developer. He understood how it works an implemented a hack in his app to enforce user values (called "frequency lock") but for me it doesn't work -- the values are still overwritten if MP-Decision is enabled.
Thank you again

The last 2 doubts.

1) In this moment i'm with Pardus HD 7.6 and bruce 0.41. I use ondemand/row , and to have better perfomance , i have turned up the value "sampling rate"( from 10k to 160k). Do you know that value?

2)In roms not stock based (cyanogen/PA ecc) i have more 3/4 C compared to stock.
In that roms , is there MP -decision on ? Or is only a question of rom/kernel?

masteryx
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3y
1) In this moment i'm with Pardus HD 7.6 and bruce 0.41. I use ondemand/row , and to have better perfomance , i have turned up the value "sampling rate"( from 10k to 160k). Do you know that value?
No, I am not familiar with governor tweaking. When I need performance, I simply change governors from ondemand to interactive or performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3y
2)In roms not stock based (cyanogen/PA ecc) i have more 3/4 C compared to stock.
In that roms , is there MP -decision on ? Or is only a question of rom/kernel?
Yes, it's kernel dependent and I expect every kernel to include it. Other methods can be implemented and used instead but MP-Decision should always be there as a default fall-back. Whether it's enabled or not I don't know but kernel tweaking apps will let you know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TWRP 2.7.1.0 | bruce2728 stock D802-20F | bruce2728 v0.4.1 kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to masteryx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]