FORUMS

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

[Q] Lg G2 D803 flashing problems

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By oakster15, Junior Member on 22nd January 2014, 03:34 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to flash a rom for the first time and I've been fighting with TWRP for the last week or so. Here's what I've done. LG G2 D803 Rogers Canada

1. Rooted Device.
2. Installed TWRP Manager and Installed TWRP Recovery Image (2.6.3.2) and I can restore with no issues.
3. Downloaded latest PA 4.4 roms for my phone version (LG G2 D803), including the most recent GAPPS (mini modular). And transferred to phone.
4. Reboot into recovery.
5. Wipe Cache, Dalvik, Data, ... etc)
6. Select install ROM.
7. Get error right away (E:Error executing updater binary in zip)
8. Flashing rom FAILED.

What can I do to fix this?

My device is not supported on CWMR, so I'm not sure if that would work. Also, I've tried downloading older roms, so I'm pretty sure it's not a bad download issue.


Thanks for any help!
Last edited by oakster15; 22nd January 2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added info
 
 
23rd January 2014, 02:50 AM |#2  
gusly's Avatar
Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
TWRP 2.6.3.2 isn't the latest release, so that might be your problem. Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469995 flash the new zip from your current TWRP, and you should be able to flash KitKat ROMs now. Or, if you prefer CWM, there's PhilZ Touch CWM here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554053
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gusly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 02:02 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusly

TWRP 2.6.3.2 isn't the latest release, so that might be your problem. Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469995 flash the new zip from your current TWRP, and you should be able to flash KitKat ROMs now. Or, if you prefer CWM, there's PhilZ Touch CWM here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554053

Gave you a thanks, it worked perfectly! Wohoo!
24th January 2014, 02:05 PM |#4  
gusly's Avatar
Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakster15

Gave you a thanks, it worked perfectly! Wohoo!

No problem man. Had the same problem myself, so I knew how to fix it

Sent from my G2 using Tapatalk
9th March 2014, 05:47 PM |#5  
Brava27's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusly

No problem man. Had the same problem myself, so I knew how to fix it

Sent from my G2 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakster15

Gave you a thanks, it worked perfectly! Wohoo!

Hey guys. I'm having the hardest time flashing anything right now. I'm on the 2.6.3.2 and I get the binary updater problem so then I tried flashing other twrp then I get the fast boot error then I tried philz touch then I get boot certification verify error.
All I want to do is flash a 4.4.2 rom.
Canadian rom D803 here.

Thanks
17th March 2014, 02:49 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
wootever's TWRP 2.6.3.4 oakster15 had posted above worked on my D803, however there are a couple of 2.6.3.4 download versions that didn't work when I flashed it while running TWRP 2.6.3.2. I'm not familar with loki but I'm guessing the one that worked had been "loki-fied".

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brava27

Hey guys. I'm having the hardest time flashing anything right now. I'm on the 2.6.3.2 and I get the binary updater problem so then I tried flashing other twrp then I get the fast boot error then I tried philz touch then I get boot certification verify error.
All I want to do is flash a 4.4.2 rom.
Canadian rom D803 here.

Thanks

If you haven't' found this already, here is a great list for the D803 with several options that may work for you. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611749

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent3m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 03:14 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Smile
Hey Guys,

As someone with a D803 variant of the G2, I had been pulling my hair out the last few days on this. Anyway, thanks to the Mahdi team, I was able to get TWRP 2.7.1.0 via this link:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hid9ny9jl91yx/TWRPS

The 4.4.4 rom I flashed was made by the Mahdi team and can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2590700

Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes