Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Note N7100 stuck boot loop when unplug,but when charging loads the KitKat

Tip us?

Shahin7631
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It also solves the problem for me ...but i dont know what to do after the restart ...have u found a permenant solution

dcmobiletech
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin7631 View Post
It also solves the problem for me ...but i dont know what to do after the restart ...have u found a permenant solution
I was thinking. If you flashed with a bad battery whats there to keep it from affecting the flash / update. The stock system doesn"t allow an update unless the battery is charged. It doesn't know if the battery is faulty. Try to reflash after a new battery has been reinstalled and charged to full. It's just a thought.

Shahin7631
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmobiletech View Post
I was thinking. If you flashed with a bad battery whats there to keep it from affecting the flash / update. The stock system doesn"t allow an update unless the battery is charged. It doesn't know if the battery is faulty. Try to reflash after a new battery has been reinstalled and charged to full. It's just a thought.
Ive tried already with another battery ....its a very strange situation while everything works fine in download or recovery mode when its unplugged ...i have ordered a third party battery to see if it'll make a difference or not ....i'll keep u updated tomorrow

AliverMD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStriker View Post
Hi guys ! I finally found a temporary work around to avoid automatic reboot. After multiple tests I noticed that the issue seems to come from CPU usage.My phone never went to deep sleep and often stayed around 1600MHz.
The work around was to go to Preferences > Performances > Processor/CPU > Strategy select "userspace" . The CPU goes down to 800MHz but I don't have any more automatic reboot when the USB cable is unplugged.
After reboot the boot loop is still there (so I need to put back in the USB cable to boot normally). I was wondering if the boot loop comes from the boot.img file...
Where is the Preferences section? I am unable to find that on my Note 2 settings.

red_hanks
Old
(Last edited by red_hanks; 14th August 2014 at 09:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Experienced the same thing and this is the first time I had this. I was playing a game after I fully charged my battery and suddenly it turns off. So I waited for it to turn on where I noticed that it keeps on turning on and off and stuck on the " Samsung Galaxy Note 2" logo screen. Then I tried several things like clearing the cache and dalvik but it just do the same thing. I re-flashed the 4.4 ROM that I was using but sadly it does the same thing. I then noticed that if I plug in the charger it works normally and does not boot loop. And as soon as I remove the charger it will keep on restarting on and off on that screen. I was thinking that it might be a hardware failure or the battery itself. So I went to recovery mode and unplugged the charger, it stays on. Went to download mode without the charger and it stays on. Freakin' weird. I am about to flash a different ROM and will wipe everything and see what happens...

Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100
Phoenix ROM 4.4.2
16gb|64gb
Waiting for Galaxy Note 4

|Paypal Donate | Twitter

HTC BlueAngel ~ O2 XDA IIs - Windows Mobile 6.5
S Omnia i900 - Stock Windows Mobile 6.1
HTC HD2 (T-Mobile) - Android JB
S Galaxy S II I9100 - Android JB
S Galaxy Ace S5830 - Android GB
S Galaxy Note I SHV-E160S - Android ICS

PINOY ANDROID USERS FB Page <--- Click Me

red_hanks
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Fully charged the battery to 100%, unplugged the charger and it started to boot loop again. I allowed it to boot loop once and immediately went to recovery mode and saw that my fully charged battery went down to 3%. Tried different ROMS (Omega, DN3, and Phoenix), I still have this issue. Now can use my Note2 as long as the charger is plugged in...

Phoenix ROM 4.4.2
16gb|64gb

|Paypal Donate | Twitter

HTC HD2 (T-Mobile) - Android JB
S Galaxy S II I9100 - Android JB
S Galaxy Ace S5830 - Android GB
S Galaxy Note I SHV-E160S - Android ICS

PINOY ANDROID USERS FB Page <--- Click Me

RubenGo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Change your battery and solve the problem 😊

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to RubenGo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

red_hanks
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
I did. Case closed!

Phoenix ROM 4.4.2
16gb|64gb

|Paypal Donate | Twitter