Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 51,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Covert HTC One M8 Verizon to Fully Compatible T-Mobile Version

Tip us?

motumbo
Old
(Last edited by motumbo; 18th August 2014 at 02:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrazyDirectioner View Post
I'm wondering the same thing and likely have the answer. This thread is really unspecific as to what the "conversion" is. Basically it just disables CDMA and enables standard UTMS 3G. It does not enable the 1700MHz AWS HSPA band used by T-Mobile in refarmed areas, and by Wind on their entire network. With Wind being an only 3G AWS network, you NEED the 1700MHz AWS HSPA band in order it for it to work, unlike T-Mobile where in non-refarmed areas without 3G it just drops down to EDGE.
In my case I'm using this thread method to enable voice and data at same time for Movistar Colombia gsm network which is having lte at band 4 1700 mhz. By the way I used this 'converted' phone past week in Claro Puerto Rico network at 700 mhz lte band and in Haiti Digicel 3g only network with no issues.

rafucho
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by motumbo View Post
In my case I'm using this thread method to enable voice and data at same time for Movistar Colombia gsm network which is having lte at band 4 1700 mhz. By the way I used this 'converted' phone past week in Claro Puerto Rico network at 700 mhz lte band and in Haiti Digicel 3g only network with no issues.
I'm also using an HTC One M8 originally from Verizon in Colombia with the tigo carrier. I'm using android revolution HD 8.0, and have intermittent voice and data, I'm using the LTE on/off app that turns off the CDMA capability of the phone....

Sent via Tapatalk