Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

Tip us?

illfrozn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapperDMX View Post
This audio pass through was a huge sticking point for me too, and i decided I wouldnt be 100% satisfied with CM11 unless I could get xbmc passthrough working with it.
I already confirmed that stock ouya + side loaded xbmc works with passthrough - as in it passed the Dolby Digital / DTS signal correctly to my Onkyo HT-RC260 receiver which the lit up with the appropriate "DTS" or "DD" lights, and of course you can hear the difference with much better sound pinpointing.

Anyway, after struggling with CM11 + xbmc passthrough static for a while , i stumbled upon a fix/workaround the other day.

My connection is Ouya ----> Receiver ----> TV

For my Onkyo receiver, I found that in the options::hardware setup::hdmi menu, there were options for RHID (HDMI-CEC) and Audio TV out. When I enabled "Audio TV Out", the passthrough static stopped and digital surround sound started working perfectly.
Before writing this I toggled it back off to check and of course the static returned and went away onced I turned it back to "On". It seems counter-intuitive and I can only guess but these options must all be related to the broken HDMI-CEC in some way (something I don't personally use anyway)

It's worth a shot, it works great on my Onkyo, perhaps there's a similar option for other receivers.
Thanks for the advice. My setup is the same, except I have a Yamaha. There are similar settings, so I will try to toggle those.

In XBMC, can you tell me what you see under 'Audio Output Device' (System --> Settings --> Audio Output)?

RapperDMX
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by illfrozn View Post
Thanks for the advice. My setup is the same, except I have a Yamaha. There are similar settings, so I will try to toggle those.

In XBMC, can you tell me what you see under 'Audio Output Device' (System --> Settings --> Audio Output)?
Here's what i've got for the audio settings, hopefully this helps someone.

illfrozn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have my settings the exact same, except that I am not getting two settings/options that you are: Number of channels (Mine is set for 2.0 and greyed out) and I have no Output Configuration. Thanks for posting.

Linkmeup82
Old
(Last edited by Linkmeup82; 17th August 2014 at 05:10 PM.) Reason: added info
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL3N7 View Post
Thanks for your help but my problem was a full system partition. I don't know if at some point the OUYA partitions were resized by an update but my system partition was full with 0MB left. I wiped again, flashed the ROM and Bank's minimal gapps which is only 23MB and installed the rest of the gapps I use from the play store. Apparently, at some point whilst flashing, my system partition was getting full and stopped before the play store could be flashed. That's why the keys file wouldn't flash either. Thanks for your input though.
You are completely correct. The dev had a May build of gapps up originally and then replaced the link with a June gapps build that is bigger. It fills up your system partition so not all gapps get copied and you can't flash the Ouya key layout. It's not just you. I had the latest original firmware when I updated. A micro gapps package solves this but I hope the dev notices this. CWM Recovery won't warn you that the system partition is full either so it appears everything is still flashing when it's not. The gapps in the op is over 150 MB. I recommend flashing the latest pa micro package that is around 95MB. If you still have plenty of room in your data partition to download the rest of the apps from the Play Store then the minimal package is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Linkmeup82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billouetaudrey
Old
Thanks Meter 287
You can try these gapps

http://nikez.nu/Download.php?getFile...2013-11-25.zip

20mb...

Envoyé de mon ZP990 en utilisant Tapatalk

alquistador
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by billouetaudrey View Post
You can try these gapps

20mb...

what is included in yhis gappsand if I do this change from stock ouya will the auto update of ouya cause me to lose all rhe work I did?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

billouetaudrey
Old
Thanks Meter 287
All app not available on playstore...

If you flash stock rom, you loose root, custom recovery etc...

Linkmeup82
Old
(Last edited by Linkmeup82; 18th August 2014 at 07:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquistador View Post
what is included in yhis gappsand if I do this change from stock ouya will the auto update of ouya cause me to lose all rhe work I did?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app
You won't get an auto update from Ouya if you use this CM11 ROM. It's different firmware. You can read about the difference in gapps packages here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942. I recommend micro modular at 96MB. It includes gmail, Google search, and Google calendar among others and you don't have to waste space on your data partition to install those apps. You will still have plenty of room on your system partition if you flash this package also. In my opinion, the goal is to install as many gapps in the system partition as possible so the small data partition will have more room for play store apps like games and such.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by billouetaudrey View Post
You can try these gapps

20mb...

These will work but they're almost a year old and very outdated. The link I provided has gapps updated to 8/18/14.
The Following User Says Thank You to Linkmeup82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frickinjerms
Old
Thanks Meter 257

DONATE TO ME
I'm using banks minimal gapps on mine now which is about 20mb in size and then I have a chrome and play music flashable I made that takes out aosp browser and Apollo.. I never use google now or anything on my ouya since there's no built in microphone so that setup is perfect for me plus it's less stuff to load up on boot
Galaxy Nexus | Cr-Droid 18 | FancyKernel r53 | TWRP 2.7.1.0 | Unlocked

Ouya | CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial | Stock CM Kernel | CWM 6.0.4.7 | MLQ Boot Menu

Galaxy SIII | My own stripped down SlimROM for media | Stock Slim Kernel | TWRP 2.7.1.0

billouetaudrey
Old
Thanks Meter 287
most updated

https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/BaNkS/GApps/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billouetaudrey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm-11, custom, cyanogenmod, kitkat, ouya