FORUMS

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more

No, Android Apps on Windows Mobile Isn’t a Good Thing

As Symbian and Blackberry OS gradually gave way to Android and iOS towards … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

SM-T520 Debloated, Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned, & Knoxless Team Freeze Rom

7th July 2014, 10:44 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
If I wipe everything using Advanced Wipe in TWRP that includes internal storage, where the rom is stored before installing it.. If internal storage is wiped how do I flash the rom with TWRP? I can't flash it from my PC, I guess I could ADB sideload it but that is a lot of hassle. Does internal storage really need wiping?

Confused noob. Bought my first android device a few days ago.

Edit: I have no external storage yet.
Last edited by RowBan; 7th July 2014 at 11:04 PM.
 
 
8th July 2014, 04:15 PM |#12  
.:GraveD:.'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowBan

If I wipe everything using Advanced Wipe in TWRP that includes internal storage, where the rom is stored before installing it.. If internal storage is wiped how do I flash the rom with TWRP? I can't flash it from my PC, I guess I could ADB sideload it but that is a lot of hassle. Does internal storage really need wiping?

Confused noob. Bought my first android device a few days ago.

Edit: I have no external storage yet.

On the internal storage are a lot of samsung files stored.
So without wiping the internal storage you will get a LOT of samsung bloatware back...
But it should work, flashing without wiping internal storage.

The ideal situation is to have your ROM on the external card/storage so you can wipe your device completely and start with a clean fresh ROM.
9th July 2014, 07:46 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:GraveD:.

On the internal storage are a lot of samsung files stored.
So without wiping the internal storage you will get a LOT of samsung bloatware back...
But it should work, flashing without wiping internal storage.

The ideal situation is to have your ROM on the external card/storage so you can wipe your device completely and start with a clean fresh ROM.

Aight, I went to a friends house and borrowed his external sdcard so I can flash your rom and try it out. Thanks for the reply! Doing this mainly to get rid of the bloatware.
Working perfectly, only thing I've noticed is an odd graphical glitch now and then. Mainly when turning it on (during samsung model display) or when I take it out of sleep. Should one be concerned? Seems to work fine other than that. Also flashed cybertronics v5 kernel
Last edited by RowBan; 11th July 2014 at 02:57 PM.
13th July 2014, 05:07 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Does anyone know if this will work tab pro 8.4 wifi only
14th July 2014, 02:04 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cewhitsr

Does anyone know if this will work tab pro 8.4 wifi only

No. The 8.4 and 10.1 have completely different CPUs so they can't share.
14th July 2014, 02:19 AM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity.45

No. The 8.4 and 10.1 have completely different CPUs so they can't share.

thanks
15th August 2014, 12:45 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Anyone could please help? I just bought a SM-T520 and would like to install this rom.. but after search about how to root or install twrp I didn't figure anything.. could please, anyone, share some knowledge here? thanks in advance
18th August 2014, 01:05 PM |#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
download latest version of flashify app from playstore
Then load twrp recovery from in flashify. Then pick a rom ..I suggest GraveD rom for t520. The best so far IMO.





Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.mackew

Anyone could please help? I just bought a SM-T520 and would like to install this rom.. but after search about how to root or install twrp I didn't figure anything.. could please, anyone, share some knowledge here? thanks in advance

18th August 2014, 04:22 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spton

Then load twrp recovery from in flashify. Then pick a rom ..I suggest GraveD rom for t520. The best so far IMO.

Thanks for the reply. Got it but, do I need odin to root first? How to root first? Is there any way to root without void warranty? Thanks
18th August 2014, 06:15 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
oh ya forgot. root first..pick your method.
[Yes will technically void your warranty!

QUOTE=andrew.mackew;54899840]Thanks for the reply. Got it but, do I need odin to root first? How to root first? Is there any way to root without void warranty? Thanks[/QUOTE]
The Following User Says Thank You to spton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4 General by ThreadRank