Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SM-T520 Debloated, Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned, & Knoxless Team Freeze Rom

Tip us?

RowBan
Old
(Last edited by RowBan; 7th July 2014 at 11:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
If I wipe everything using Advanced Wipe in TWRP that includes internal storage, where the rom is stored before installing it.. If internal storage is wiped how do I flash the rom with TWRP? I can't flash it from my PC, I guess I could ADB sideload it but that is a lot of hassle. Does internal storage really need wiping?

Confused noob. Bought my first android device a few days ago.

Edit: I have no external storage yet.

.:GraveD:.
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowBan View Post
If I wipe everything using Advanced Wipe in TWRP that includes internal storage, where the rom is stored before installing it.. If internal storage is wiped how do I flash the rom with TWRP? I can't flash it from my PC, I guess I could ADB sideload it but that is a lot of hassle. Does internal storage really need wiping?

Confused noob. Bought my first android device a few days ago.

Edit: I have no external storage yet.
On the internal storage are a lot of samsung files stored.
So without wiping the internal storage you will get a LOT of samsung bloatware back...
But it should work, flashing without wiping internal storage.

The ideal situation is to have your ROM on the external card/storage so you can wipe your device completely and start with a clean fresh ROM.
Tablet: Samsung TabPro 10.1 WiFi SM-T520 @ GraveD's ROM V2.1 with Cybertronics v5 Kernel.
Phone: Huawei Honor2/G615 @ Modified Batty86 ROM.

RowBan
Old
(Last edited by RowBan; 11th July 2014 at 02:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:GraveD:. View Post
On the internal storage are a lot of samsung files stored.
So without wiping the internal storage you will get a LOT of samsung bloatware back...
But it should work, flashing without wiping internal storage.

The ideal situation is to have your ROM on the external card/storage so you can wipe your device completely and start with a clean fresh ROM.
Aight, I went to a friends house and borrowed his external sdcard so I can flash your rom and try it out. Thanks for the reply! Doing this mainly to get rid of the bloatware.
Working perfectly, only thing I've noticed is an odd graphical glitch now and then. Mainly when turning it on (during samsung model display) or when I take it out of sleep. Should one be concerned? Seems to work fine other than that. Also flashed cybertronics v5 kernel

cewhitsr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone know if this will work tab pro 8.4 wifi only

RiverCity.45
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by cewhitsr View Post
Does anyone know if this will work tab pro 8.4 wifi only
No. The 8.4 and 10.1 have completely different CPUs so they can't share.
Sent telepathically

cewhitsr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity.45 View Post
No. The 8.4 and 10.1 have completely different CPUs so they can't share.
thanks

andrew.mackew
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Anyone could please help? I just bought a SM-T520 and would like to install this rom.. but after search about how to root or install twrp I didn't figure anything.. could please, anyone, share some knowledge here? thanks in advance

spton
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default download latest version of flashify app from playstore

Then load twrp recovery from in flashify. Then pick a rom ..I suggest GraveD rom for t520. The best so far IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.mackew View Post
Anyone could please help? I just bought a SM-T520 and would like to install this rom.. but after search about how to root or install twrp I didn't figure anything.. could please, anyone, share some knowledge here? thanks in advance

andrew.mackew
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by spton View Post
Then load twrp recovery from in flashify. Then pick a rom ..I suggest GraveD rom for t520. The best so far IMO.
Thanks for the reply. Got it but, do I need odin to root first? How to root first? Is there any way to root without void warranty? Thanks

spton
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default oh ya forgot. root first..pick your method.

[Yes will technically void your warranty!

QUOTE=andrew.mackew;54899840]Thanks for the reply. Got it but, do I need odin to root first? How to root first? Is there any way to root without void warranty? Thanks[/QUOTE]

The Following User Says Thank You to spton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]