Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 38,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't write to extsd??? **FIXED**

Tip us?

GorillaPimp
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.G. View Post
Ahhh I see. I thought it was all apps, not just ones without root access.

Edit: Shouldn't be saving Snapchat pictures anyway.
My root apps won't do it either on stock rooted.

Im more interested in the potential security risk of opening this back up. Who was exploiting this previously to do damage?
LG G3, GS5, GS2, G Tab 3,G Tab 10.1, iPhone 5S, iPad Air, Kindle FireHD, Nexus One, Nexus 4, Nook, Palm Pre, Sensation

1967ls2
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Stock rooted Verizon s5. I'm trying this with root explorer but for the life of me root explorer won't let me do anything. I can't edit or modify anything. Not sure what's going on here. Any insight is appreciated!

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967ls2 View Post
Stock rooted Verizon s5. I'm trying this with root explorer but for the life of me root explorer won't let me do anything. I can't edit or modify anything. Not sure what's going on here. Any insight is appreciated!
Did you switch it to r/w instead of r/o? There is a little button at the top. Long press the file and choose text editor?

crawrj
Old
Thanks Meter 3,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78 View Post
Did you switch it to r/w instead of r/o? There is a little button at the top. Long press the file and choose text editor?
Just as an FYI JRummys SD Fix works. You need to be rooted of course.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=jrummy.sdfix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crawrj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xalky
Old
Thanks Meter 383
Thanks for starting this thread! I was getting real frustrated just trying to get titanium to make a backup.

I was like, "what the hell,....Why cant I write to the fu@#*n folder. I love this place. The sd fix app worked for me. KitKat has gor some real "control issues" They're making it harder and harder to mess with our phones.
Samsung GS5 16gb
MOAR
Nova Launcher Prime

Please push the THANKS BUTTON if you got help from me!!!

budies3
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Nice:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.G. View Post
Am I the only one that has been able to write to the external SD card with Root Explorer from day one with no mods?
Must be nice, I have tried (I think) all the "Fixes" out... But I'm still unable to move files to the card. Well, that's not completely true.... I have moved 2 files at 2 different times. It happened after I tried 1 after another, and after that 1 move it would do it again....lol