Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][P900] Stock, Rooted, Deodexed

Tip us?

rayone
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Wouldn't developing a ROM for it be the same as one for the Note 10.1 2014, or any other Note with a Exynos 5 Octa (5420)?

I rooted mine with a greater degree of difficulty than any other device I've had, and root uninstalled most of the bloat, got RAM use down to 800-1100mb, and it runs well.
But a nice clean optimized rom would be nice.
Thanks for the hack

Jpfan01
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I'm not willing to mess with an aroma installer, because I configured and debloated mine how I wanted it, but will gladly share the flashable zip I've made for mine if people want it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jpfan01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amityg
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpfan01 View Post
I'm not willing to mess with an aroma installer, because I configured and debloated mine how I wanted it, but will gladly share the flashable zip I've made for mine if people want it.
Would you be able to post to drop box?

jimbob_sf
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amityg View Post
Would you be able to post to drop box?
Yes please

Quote:

ExtremeRyno
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Yes!
Acer Iconia A700 CM11
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Stock (for now...)
MadCatz M.O.J.O.
HTC One X Team Venom ViperXL

René Hitz
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:

Yes, please!

Jpfan01
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Ok, easy enough I guess. When I say it's basic it's pretty much: Stock, rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, init.d and debloated some and some stuff frozen, but it's not really much different than this one. It's just no installer, no hangup options. It should run for anyone since there's no options for it to loop on and such.

I have not went on a themeing spree. It's been all just getting it running smoother.

Anyone got any suggestions on where to post it for hosting? What are people using these days on xda for doing that? I'm a little out of the loop. Give me a name of a host or place and little time to get it posted. I'm messing with something today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jpfan01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ExtremeRyno
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Might as well go with Mediafire or Zippyshare. Something with fast downloads is always nice. I'm not sure if you really have to be official if it's just a personalized stock.
Acer Iconia A700 CM11
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Stock (for now...)
MadCatz M.O.J.O.
HTC One X Team Venom ViperXL

amityg
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Please share on Dropbox

sm-t320