Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 4.4.2 KitKat Root

Tip us?

roadrunner4spd
Old
(Last edited by roadrunner4spd; 17th June 2014 at 05:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default KK 4.4.2 NC1 rooted with towelroot apk

All. I was just able to root my NC1 KK 4.4.2 with towel root. If I am allowed to post a link with my limited posts... todays date: 6/16/14 11:52PM EST

<link removed so i can post this>
if not towelroot dot com

Please donate to this guy. Confirmed working on my S4 i337 4.4.2 || I337UCUFNC1 baseband, KOT49H.I337UCUFNC1 build number

Late now and work tomorrow. Need to now search for a stable rom

so, If I understand correctly, even with Root I would have to use Safestrap on the I337 to install another Rom? I am hoping I am wrong and with Root I can install CWM touch... Does anyone know with the NC1 build of KK on the i337?

lilbro1062000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default link

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner4spd View Post
All. I was just able to root my NC1 KK 4.4.2 with towel root. If I am allowed to post a link with my limited posts... todays date: 6/16/14 11:52PM EST

<link removed so i can post this>
if not towelroot dot com

Please donate to this guy. Confirmed working on my S4 i337 4.4.2 || I337UCUFNC1 baseband, KOT49H.I337UCUFNC1 build number

Late now and work tomorrow. Need to now search for a stable rom

so, If I understand correctly, even with Root I would have to use Safestrap on the I337 to install another Rom? I am hoping I am wrong and with Root I can install CWM touch... Does anyone know with the NC1 build of KK on the i337?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221

techguy1214
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Smile HOW TO Root Samsung Galaxy S4 I337 At&t Basband UCUFNC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegovz25 View Post
Hey everyone,

So I have been trying to root my newly updated Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337 AT&T) for a couple of days now and still no success.
I've tried MotoChopper, a series of different CF-AutoRoot files and neither have given any luck. Odin stops right after SuperUser.apk is pushed over and gives the "Threads failed: 1 Success: 0" message.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in Advance.

Follow the instructions on this video hope this helped ^_^

http://youtu.be/6DVCaJCXy6E

funnjng
Old
(Last edited by funnjng; 23rd June 2014 at 11:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Angry nice and easy thanks

also thanks to the creator

FrankieSixxxgun
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Since this is the first thing that comes up on Google when searching for Galaxy S4 AT&T 4.4.2 root, I'm going to post in here. I'm rooted! Here's how:

1. Go to www.towelroot.com and grab version 1. Install it.
2. Go into your Application Manager, flip to the right, find Lookout, disable it.
3. Run Towelroot. It won't tell you much, probably crash, then reboot.
4. When you boot back up you should have totally unrestricted root access. Check it with Root Checker.
5. Install SuperSU from the Play Store, let it update SU and disable Knox.
6. Enjoy your rooted, stock 4.4.2 TouchWiz ROM!

I verified root with Root Checker, Adfree Android, and Titanium Backup. All appear to be working.
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
[Rom] Slim 4.3.1 Build 2
[Recovery] TWRP 2.6.3.0

Guilden_NL
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieSixxxgun View Post
Since this is the first thing that comes up on Google when searching for Galaxy S4 AT&T 4.4.2 root, I'm going to post in here. I'm rooted! Here's how:

1. Go to www.towelroot.com and grab version 1. Install it.
2. Go into your Application Manager, flip to the right, find Lookout, disable it.
3. Run Towelroot. It won't tell you much, probably crash, then reboot.
4. When you boot back up you should have totally unrestricted root access. Check it with Root Checker.
5. Install SuperSU from the Play Store, let it update SU and disable Knox.
6. Enjoy your rooted, stock 4.4.2 TouchWiz ROM!

I verified root with Root Checker, Adfree Android, and Titanium Backup. All appear to be working.
She no work for me. I wish there was a log file created in the process. Tried 9 times, no go. 4.4.2 AT&T SGH-I337
Phone:Samsung Galaxy S4
[B]Carrier/B] AT&T
Rom: Dead stock, but rooted
Theme: Custom Australian Theme
Kernel: Dead stock
radio: Dead stock
spl:Dead stock
Recovery:TWRP
SD: Patriot 64gb class 10

glalt
Old
(Last edited by glalt; 27th June 2014 at 04:15 PM.) Reason: Added information
Thanks Meter 27
Default Cannot root.....

I bought a refurbished i9500 S4. I was very pleased when I received it. It looked totally new. When I tried to set it up, the WiFi wouldn't work and the network connection went on and off, mostly off. I tried a number of root methods and all of them failed. I should mention that I live in Thailand. The phone is useless here. I9500ZSUEMJ6 JSS15J is in the about this phone setting.

I was in Odin and noticed the VERY small writing in the top left hand corner. It identified the phone as SGH 1337. More research showed that is is an AT&T phone. After spending probably at least 15 total hours, I gave up and have returned the phone telling them that I want a refund or a phone that is not linked with any ISP.

I use an i9300 S3 and it is a great phone running Omega V58.

I have come to the conclusion that AT&T sucks. I did read that the boot loader is locked and the SGH 1337 cannot be rooted. Hopefully the company I bought the phone from will make the exchange for a plain i9500 international model.

I understand that there is a work around called Loki or something like that. I don't WANT a work around. I want a rooted phone.

nuckelhed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default STFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyslexicTurtle View Post
THERE IS A THREAD FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and are you running stock or custom and look it up on the galaxy s4 troubleshooting page before you post here
Search it up i dont want to help in this thread but i will help you or someone else will when its in the right thread
You've been a member for less than a year and have 35 posts. Stop it.
Nexus One: eVil's NXSense

I flash two ROM's in the morning
I flash two ROM's at night
I flash two ROM's in the afternoon
It makes me feel alright

JORDANZ1998
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Just tried Towel root and it worked great. Finally a way to root the gs4 4.4.2 i337. If only there was a way to install a custom recovery now.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDANZ1998 View Post
Just tried Towel root and it worked great. Finally a way to root the gs4 4.4.2 i337. If only there was a way to install a custom recovery now.
As good as it's gonna get:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448925
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)