Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Droid Ultra Straight Talk

OP eek88dj

6th January 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Circleville, OH
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
I read some threads some droids it can be done to I didn't see any for the Ultra. Can it be done? I know its unlocked international but not US I guess not sure. Verizon says it not but I know they don't want me to leave their high prices. I know I got a global setting in the mobile networks settings. I was told if I used straight talk all I have would be talk and text which it be ok for now but I guess I can change the APN setting give me 3G now with the Sim card it a nano or mirco chip? I want to make sure I can do this...if I have no data it ok I got WiFi everywhere I go... Please help with this I'm new at this I'm learning lol...any info I would really appreciate it. Thank you..
7th January 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

19 posts
I am using a droid MAXX now and GSM SIMs are no longer recognized. Using retail non developer edition and unroofed

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanalanlister For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 38

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek88dj

I read some threads some droids it can be done to I didn't see any for the Ultra. Can it be done? I know its unlocked international but not US I guess not sure. Verizon says it not but I know they don't want me to leave their high prices. I know I got a global setting in the mobile networks settings. I was told if I used straight talk all I have would be talk and text which it be ok for now but I guess I can change the APN setting give me 3G now with the Sim card it a nano or mirco chip? I want to make sure I can do this...if I have no data it ok I got WiFi everywhere I go... Please help with this I'm new at this I'm learning lol...any info I would really appreciate it. Thank you..

I'm running a stock 4.2.2 Maxx from Verizon, which is essentially the same phone as the Ultra, and it works fine with my Straight Talk SIM, no modification required (no LTE though of course). Every 4G LTE phone Verizon sells now is actually required by law to be GSM unlocked, including for carriers in the US, and I know multiple reviewers online have confirmed it works on AT&T as well
The Following User Says Thank You to kuz142 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Circleville, OH

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

I'm running a stock 4.2.2 Maxx from Verizon, which is essentially the same phone as the Ultra, and it works fine with my Straight Talk SIM, no modification required (no LTE though of course). Every 4G LTE phone Verizon sells now is actually required by law to be GSM unlocked, including for carriers in the US, and I know multiple reviewers online have confirmed it works on AT&T as well

Thank you so much!! You guys are the best!!
10th January 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Circleville, OH

19 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142

I went AT&T today bought pre pay $60 and nano Sim card it worked. Thank u so much...people u can use AT&T network on the Droid Ultra have 3G.....it great....Verizon try to tell me the phone wasn't unlocked but my buddy here told me it was it worked....XDA U ROCK!!!
19th May 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Angry yes!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek88dj

You can bring the ultra over, I am on my ultra now and on at&t H+ I had a little problem with MMS at first but its working now
19th August 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #7  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlessd63

You can bring the ultra over, I am on my ultra now and on at&t H+ I had a little problem with MMS at first but its working now

So my droid ultra will work fine and have 4g with at&t if I SWAPO out the nano Sim behind the volume key?
19th August 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchkilla28

So my droid ultra will work fine and have 4g with at&t if I SWAPO out the nano Sim behind the volume key?

yes indeed.
19th August 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #9  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwinkle

yes indeed.

Nice! Looks like I will be ordering the nano Sim. Thanks for the fast response

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread