[Q] Huawei P6S Unicom Dual Sim

10th March 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all!
I have bought the new Huawei P6S Dual Sim (China Unicom version).
It's multilanguage and has Android 4.2.2
I rooted it successfully (bootloader is already unlocked) but I can't change files on the system directory (I need to replace the apns_conf.XML). There is a security lock? What's happen?

Thanks in advance at all
10th March 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 123

476 posts
try root browser from the playstore. This automatically sets the right permissions for files and folders Hope this helps!

Sent from my P6-U00 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lootjelo

try root browser from the playstore. This automatically sets the right permissions for files and folders Hope this helps!
Sent from my P6-U00 using Tapatalk

Thanks ,
I tried it, but unsuccessfully.
It seems there is a protection (by Huawei) on the system folders. I can change files in other folders (with R/W mounting) but not in the \system folder
19th August 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 6

45 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanBart

Thanks ,
I tried it, but unsuccessfully.
It seems there is a protection (by Huawei) on the system folders. I can change files in other folders (with R/W mounting) but not in the \system folder

Hi

This phone is the most heavily secured phone I have ever seen. The /system partition has at least three protection methods

1) mounted as read-only
2) some files have the "immutable" bit set on the ext4 file system. #chattr -i file will remove the immutable bit
3) since KK firmware Huawei applied a new security mechanism by which the kernel seems to discard any modification done to /system even when it's remounted as RW. With this mechanism any change is rolled-back by the time /system is remounted as RW even after a reboot.

From the shell command line I have found a way to solve the first two but I still have no clue of how to solve the third one. Does anybody have any clue on how to solve it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread