Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Help?]Verizon S5 - Can't Receive or Make calls.

19th May 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

198 posts
I'm having a constant problem with my phone. It seems like any time I leave the house and return, I'm unable to make or receive calls, until I reboot or switch airplane mode on/off. I still receive and send text/mms just fine, it's only calls. Anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas what may be going on? I have a constant 3-4 bar LTE signal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
26th May 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Carmichael, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Same problem :(
I am also experiencing this problem. I can send texts and otherwise use data to connect to websites and such, but cannot make or receive calls. When someone calls me, it goes straight to voicemail. When I make a call it does not even start ringing, or beep at the start of a call to indicate the connection.
26th May 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

74 posts
I had this issue when i first got my phone. i had to call verizon and they updated something on their side and reset a few things.
26th May 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 197

547 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92

I had this issue when i first got my phone. i had to call verizon and they updated something on their side and reset a few things.

Part of me thinks this wouldn't be a bad thing to have, just in case that pesky Ex decides today is the day she wants to call you. lolz
27th May 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Carmichael, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Nothing Worked
If anyone else is facing this problem, I would like to say that all Verizon could do was send me a refurbished phone. Even after a factory reset and resetting the network (on their end) worked. I hope this problem doesn't affect too many people.
18th August 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Same issue - S5 will not make/recv calls
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel36

I'm having a constant problem with my phone. It seems like any time I leave the house and return, I'm unable to make or receive calls, until I reboot or switch airplane mode on/off. I still receive and send text/mms just fine, it's only calls. Anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas what may be going on? I have a constant 3-4 bar LTE signal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

I'm now having this problem with my 2-week-old S5. Has anyone found a resolution?
18th August 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 25

79 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldron

I'm now having this problem with my 2-week-old S5. Has anyone found a resolution?

I had an issue with my S5 connecting to 4GLTE (Because of something stupid I did playing around). Chat give Verizon a ring (or chat with them on their website) and they will have you do the following:

1. Turn off WiFi.
2. Power down your phone
3. They will resync the signal (and do other secret things)
4. Power up your phone.
5. Your phone will reconnect to 4GLTE, the radio will then recycle, then connect back.

I've had zero issues since I did this a few days ago. Wouldn't hurt to try. Have your IMEI number ready for them incase they need it.
19th August 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Solution, sort of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMidnight

I had an issue with my S5 connecting to 4GLTE (Because of something stupid I did playing around). Chat give Verizon a ring (or chat with them on their website) and they will have you do the following:

1. Turn off WiFi.
2. Power down your phone
3. They will resync the signal (and do other secret things)
4. Power up your phone.
5. Your phone will reconnect to 4GLTE, the radio will then recycle, then connect back.

I've had zero issues since I did this a few days ago. Wouldn't hurt to try. Have your IMEI number ready for them incase they need it.

Didn't work for me unfortunately. I ended up going back to Costco and swapping it out for a new one. Back in business....for now. Thanks for the help.
Last edited by gwaldron; 19th August 2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: typo

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread