Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Help?]Verizon S5 - Can't Receive or Make calls.

OP raziel36

19th May 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
I'm having a constant problem with my phone. It seems like any time I leave the house and return, I'm unable to make or receive calls, until I reboot or switch airplane mode on/off. I still receive and send text/mms just fine, it's only calls. Anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas what may be going on? I have a constant 3-4 bar LTE signal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
26th May 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Carmichael, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Same problem :(
I am also experiencing this problem. I can send texts and otherwise use data to connect to websites and such, but cannot make or receive calls. When someone calls me, it goes straight to voicemail. When I make a call it does not even start ringing, or beep at the start of a call to indicate the connection.
26th May 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
I had this issue when i first got my phone. i had to call verizon and they updated something on their side and reset a few things.
26th May 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #4  
kprice8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 206
 
574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92

I had this issue when i first got my phone. i had to call verizon and they updated something on their side and reset a few things.

Part of me thinks this wouldn't be a bad thing to have, just in case that pesky Ex decides today is the day she wants to call you. lolz
27th May 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Carmichael, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Nothing Worked
If anyone else is facing this problem, I would like to say that all Verizon could do was send me a refurbished phone. Even after a factory reset and resetting the network (on their end) worked. I hope this problem doesn't affect too many people.
18th August 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Same issue - S5 will not make/recv calls
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel36

I'm having a constant problem with my phone. It seems like any time I leave the house and return, I'm unable to make or receive calls, until I reboot or switch airplane mode on/off. I still receive and send text/mms just fine, it's only calls. Anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas what may be going on? I have a constant 3-4 bar LTE signal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

I'm now having this problem with my 2-week-old S5. Has anyone found a resolution?
18th August 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #7  
DarkMidnight's Avatar
Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 25
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldron

I'm now having this problem with my 2-week-old S5. Has anyone found a resolution?

I had an issue with my S5 connecting to 4GLTE (Because of something stupid I did playing around). Chat give Verizon a ring (or chat with them on their website) and they will have you do the following:

1. Turn off WiFi.
2. Power down your phone
3. They will resync the signal (and do other secret things)
4. Power up your phone.
5. Your phone will reconnect to 4GLTE, the radio will then recycle, then connect back.

I've had zero issues since I did this a few days ago. Wouldn't hurt to try. Have your IMEI number ready for them incase they need it.
19th August 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Solution, sort of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMidnight

I had an issue with my S5 connecting to 4GLTE (Because of something stupid I did playing around). Chat give Verizon a ring (or chat with them on their website) and they will have you do the following:

1. Turn off WiFi.
2. Power down your phone
3. They will resync the signal (and do other secret things)
4. Power up your phone.
5. Your phone will reconnect to 4GLTE, the radio will then recycle, then connect back.

I've had zero issues since I did this a few days ago. Wouldn't hurt to try. Have your IMEI number ready for them incase they need it.

Didn't work for me unfortunately. I ended up going back to Costco and swapping it out for a new one. Back in business....for now. Thanks for the help.
Last edited by gwaldron; 19th August 2014 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes