Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]A question about AOSP

Tip us?

gaotxx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q]A question about AOSP

We know that there are lots of AOSP based ROMs, such as CM, omni, etc. But why nearly all the developers don't like to migrate original AOSP to our phones, but only CM, omni, carbon, and so many custom ROMs? What's wrong with the original Google code? Anyone know the reason about that? I know that these custom ROMs have many additional features, but I just like pure Android.

gaotxx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
No answers?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,121

DONATE TO ME
Mostly it is that I think your mistaking google code for pure aosp. They are 2 different things. A pure aosp build has no options and is very plain. Most don't want the bare bones. Also this a development forum, which means that we don't settle core base software. Anyone can sync and build a stock rom

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

gaotxx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
Mostly it is that I think your mistaking google code for pure aosp. They are 2 different things. A pure aosp build has no options and is very plain. Most don't want the bare bones. Also this a development forum, which means that we don't settle core base software. Anyone can sync and build a stock rom

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
I got it. Thank you. But in my opinion, build a pure aosp is not easy as you say, probably I'm new here

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,121

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaotxx View Post
I got it. Thank you. But in my opinion, build a pure aosp is not easy as you say, probably I'm new here

Depending on the device all you have to do is a set up a build setup, then sync the repo and build it. Not that hard.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly