Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need guidance! Gionee elife e7 mini

Tip us?

koolsk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Weather App and Messaging App

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaitk007 View Post
yeah!! Got 4.4.2 kitkat done today!!!

It's awesome!! Gionee e7 mini rocks!!!

Hi ,I have updated my e7 mini to kitkat too..But the weather app doesn't update the temp for me.
Also sometimes I receive a message and when I open it from notification it's gone.
I also feel the battery back up has decreased a bit after kitkat update.Have u faced any of the issues.

It's surprising for such a great phone there are almost no users/developers on xda

Thanks
Jnana

adwaitk007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolsk View Post
Hi ,I have updated my e7 mini to kitkat too..But the weather app doesn't update the temp for me.
Also sometimes I receive a message and when I open it from notification it's gone.
I also feel the battery back up has decreased a bit after kitkat update.Have u faced any of the issues.

It's surprising for such a great phone there are almost no users/developers on xda

Thanks
Jnana
Hi,
Have you checked weather app settings? There is an option you need to turn on called "automatic update". it's working fine with me.
Also I have noticed improved battery backup. I am not sure what is wrong with your device.
Well yes, I too have the notification bug. It shows "unread count" even if there are no new unread SMSs. I asked to their service center and they said it's "operator's issue. not ours" lolz! dumbass!!

Anyways I am working on a custom ROM and soon it will be available here.

koolsk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaitk007 View Post
Hi,
Have you checked weather app settings? There is an option you need to turn on called "automatic update". it's working fine with me.
Also I have noticed improved battery backup. I am not sure what is wrong with your device.
Well yes, I too have the notification bug. It shows "unread count" even if there are no new unread SMSs. I asked to their service center and they said it's "operator's issue. not ours" lolz! dumbass!!

Anyways I am working on a custom ROM and soon it will be available here.

Yea I turned on the automatic update..Now it's updating.But compared to other weather apps it really shows different temp..Anyway it doesn't matter..I think for a few days my battery drain was kinda unpredictable or sometimes it would come down rapily all of a sudden..But now I think it's way better ..No compaints there...lol@operator issue..It's definitely a bug.Even Gionee India tweeted they were aware of this issue..It's a great phone.Really sad to see almost no developers on XDA...At least we have you ..Also are you able to root after Kitkat update?

adwaitk007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Hi,
I found a temporary solution for the message bug.

1.Go to settings>> apps
2.Roll over to "All apps" tab
3.Find Novi launcher>> clear data
4.Find messaging app>> clear data
5.Reboot your device.

##########Caution ##########
By clearing the data of Novi launcher, all folders you have created will be gone and you will see all of your apps scattered. So you have to take the pain to re categories them.

By clearing data of messaging app, all settings will be restored. You have to again customize them according to you.
###########################

Though this is not a permanent solution, still you can get rid off that irritating message count notification.

Regards,
Adwait

Sent from my E7mini using XDA mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to adwaitk007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]