Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from tiny4579: TinyKernel 2.2 is live! Please check the OP for details

[Kernel][CM][4.4.4][August 16] TinyKernel

Tip us?

4Strings
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I haven't had any problems with it turning on in my pocket yet... In fact, sometimes dt2w doesn't even work when the phone's on a table...
I'm using AcDisplay for lockscreen notifications (with lockscreen mode enabled), so that might be why dt2w doesn't activate in my pocket...

tiny4579
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Strings View Post
I haven't had any problems with it turning on in my pocket yet... In fact, sometimes dt2w doesn't even work when the phone's on a table...
I'm using AcDisplay for lockscreen notifications (with lockscreen mode enabled), so that might be why dt2w doesn't activate in my pocket...
It shouldn't activate in your pocket. That's the whole point of pocket detection. Do you think pocket detection is broken?

4Strings
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579 View Post
It shouldn't activate in your pocket. That's the whole point of pocket detection. Do you think pocket detection is broken?
That's not what I'm saying... I'm saying that it doesn't activate in my pocket, so pocket detection is working fine.
I didn't specifically enable anything, so that means that it's on be default, right?

CRACING
Old
(Last edited by CRACING; 18th August 2014 at 06:02 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
To test if pocket detection works, cover the sensor (upper left of the phone) and try to wake the phone with s2w or another 2w feature. It shouldn't wake up.
Sorry, I think I have confused you. Pocket detection is working fine to the extent what its made for, that means If I cover up the proximity sensor and try s2w or dt2w, they don't work.

The problem I'm having is with incoming call when the device is in pocket and when screen turns ON, the touch screen gets operated with random options because touch screen works on non finger touches. i.e cloth.

I think Pocket Detection is only related to proximity sensor and wakeups. It doesn't effects touch screen functionality but before I thought it does. i.e gloves mode in some devices.

Gotta find out where is gloves mode in HTC ONE.

!!! Read here about how to ask a question | Do not spam the board | Respect others !!!
!!! Follow the rules | Use 'search' before posting your queries | Post in the correct sections !!!

tiny4579
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRACING View Post
Sorry, I think I have confused you. Pocket detection is working fine to the extent what its made for, that means If I cover up the proximity sensor and try s2w or dt2w, they don't work.

The problem I'm having is with incoming call when the device is in pocket and when screen turns ON, the touch screen gets operated with random options because touch screen works on non finger touches. i.e cloth.

I think Pocket Detection is only related to proximity sensor and wakeups. It doesn't effects touch screen functionality but before I thought it does. i.e gloves mode in some devices.

Gotta find out where is gloves mode in HTC ONE.
The screen might be extra sensitive. If your phone is facing your leg the phone might be registering touches in the pocket. Does the prxomity sensor switch the screen off before a call? I don't think it does. It does during a call but I'm not sure about before.

CRACING
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The screen might be extra sensitive.
Yep that's what I was trying to say. And I thought pocket detection is related to this but actually its not. There might be something else.

Quote:
If your phone is facing your leg the phone might be registering touches in the pocket.
Yep, I keep the screen facing leg for the safety of screen. May be thats causing the issue.

Quote:
Does the prxomity sensor switch the screen off before a call? I don't think it does. It does during a call but I'm not sure about before.
Nope, proximity sensor is working fine. No unusual issues with it. It works the way it should.

Thanks...
Best Regards

!!! Read here about how to ask a question | Do not spam the board | Respect others !!!
!!! Follow the rules | Use 'search' before posting your queries | Post in the correct sections !!!