Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it possible to port Digital Noise Cancellation from z2??

Tip us?

electrash
Old
Thanks Meter 397

DONATE TO ME
If you can make this "hardware" modification, you need software support to work (drivers and etc).

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1120

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWOKSFUNG View Post
Thanks for the useful info guys
oh well sony limit the potential for Z1, seems to by hardware this time /_\
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWOKSFUNG View Post
@olokos , do u think we can just take the jack directly from Z2, will it fit
maybe it doesnt make sense to destroy a Z2, but maybe that jack can be remake for Z1??
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash View Post
If you can make this "hardware" modification, you need software support to work (drivers and etc).

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
At least this is only a feature, not a real hardware limitation (like putting not that powerful SoC into the xperia play, which is a gaming device and I love it thanks to the XDA community and allowed me to get the knowledge I have now)

You could just buy a replacement Z2 jack, the photo I sent is actually from some online shop, but I really don't believe that it would work as every millimeter counts when it comes down to such packed devices. It's too thick by 5mm? You don't even want to think about putting it into the Z1. It's shape also differs really much from the Z1's thus I don't think that such mod is worth doing.

If you're really desperate to do it then contact some Chinks to make such replacement jack for the Z1 with additional pins connected. You can also try to solder it by yourself, but it would be more like a proof of concept because you wouldn't be able to make small enough solders to fit into the device.

From the software side, it's not a problem at all. If one person wouldn't be experienced enough or for some other reason wouldn't be able to do this, then hey, it's xda. We can ALWAYS team up to get this working. Just like with the 4k & 120fps, that's how we did that.

From my point of view it would only need veery minor changes. I think that just adding missing NC lines to the mixer_paths.xml would do the trick.

If any of you guys has a disassembled Z1 or has that Jack part from the Z1 laying around somewhere then please take some high resolution photos of the places where you can see the connections.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014
The Following User Says Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitsosJL
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Question as @olokos said there are some unpluged ports in the jack . My question is ; The next week Iwill give my phone to an authenticated service center in order to replace my SD port (it's totally broken :P) and he will open my phone obviously :P , so would he be able to wire them if I ask him to do it ?

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1120

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsosJL View Post
Question as @olokos said there are some unpluged ports in the jack . My question is ; The next week Iwill give my phone to an authenticated service center in order to replace my SD port (it's totally broken :P) and he will open my phone obviously :P , so would he be able to wire them if I ask him to do it ?
I really doubt it, especially in the authorised Sony service. They just replace the parts in there. Asking doesn't cost you anything so it's worth it anyway. xD

But please do insist to take those hi resolution photos (so I could see as much as possible, some mad 50mpx photos are not nessesary, but 500x500 photos won't help). Tell them to take photos of the Jack connections. Don't be afraid to take dozens of photos 😀
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014

mitsosJL
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
I really doubt it, especially in the authorised Sony service. They just replace the parts in there. Asking doesn't cost you anything so it's worth it anyway. xD

But please do insist to take those hi resolution photos (so I could see as much as possible, some mad 50mpx photos are not nessesary, but 500x500 photos won't help). Tell them to take photos of the Jack connections. Don't be afraid to take dozens of photos 😀
You will have the photos by the end of the next week :P and of course some news about the unconnected pins
The Following User Says Thank You to mitsosJL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]