Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

★[ROM] [STOCK] N900TUVUDNF4 | 4.4.2 | Deodexed | CIQ Free | KNOX Free | 8.5.2014 ☆

Tip us?

newman98168
Old
Thanks Meter 13
A couple of fyi's:
1 - I first updated through twrp, but to update the baseband, I then updated through odin. No guarantees for anybody else, but this time it updated, but didn't clear anything I already had (not even a factory reset).

2 - I am running windows 8.1. When I tried to extract the odin zip through 7zip, I got 5 or 6 errors. But it did extract correctly using windows explorer.

djtheraven
Old
Thanks Meter 493
Does anyone have a mirror to this? The download takes 3 hours then fails at the end
USA T-Mobile Samsung Note 3 SM-N700T
Vision - XDA N3 NF4
TWRP 2.7.2.0

weltwon
Old
(Last edited by weltwon; 19th August 2014 at 04:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 453
Angry This ROM solves Allshare Cast Dongle problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheraven View Post
Does anyone have a mirror to this? The download takes 3 hours then fails at the end
Speaking of mirrors... could not get Mirroring to work with any of the AOSP or other custom ROMs
when trying to link it to Samsung Allshare Cast Dongle. With custom ROMs I tried (including Effortless, Darthstalker & Slim),
could not even install the Allshare update or patch from PlayStore.

After installing Jovy23's August 5 2014 F4 stock ROM, I was able to install both the Samsung Allshare update and the patch.
Once those were installed on my Note 3, a firmware update for dongle downloaded and installed itself.

Then, for the fiist time, I was able to get a solid connection to my LG 47" TV which even let me run my Dish Anywhere app and watch live TV shows in 1080p. My Dish Hopper with built-in Sling does a fantastic job of sending HDTV to my smartphone, all my tablets, desktop PC and laptop PC. There is a slight lag and some random pixelation when mirroring from my Note 3 to the 1080p TV but for the most part, it's great! Then I moved the dongle to a 7 year old VIZIO 32" TV that maxes out at 720p. Simply plugging everything in and clicking Mirroring on Note 3 instantly connected Allshare. However, on the 720p TV there is less lag and NO pixel break ups.

Glenn

P.S. Although the custom ROMs are supposed to run much faster, this stock ROM with all the bloat ware is running just as fast.
Great job Jovy23!

Note 3
Nexus 7 original
iPhone original <first device I jailbroke/rooted (lots of Android smartphones & tablets bought/sold since then)