[ROM][02/01/15][Lollipop 5.0] AOSPA 5 Alpha 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sebZ128

Jun 6, 2014
I noticed the same bug days ago on my 7a. I played with the settings and changed the audio codec to AMR-NB, which resulted in stereo audio for me. Maybe you can check this..

dextructor

Aug 21, 2007
I noticed the same bug days ago on my 7a. I played with the settings and changed the audio codec to AMR-NB, which resulted in stereo audio for me. Maybe you can check this..

Yes I tested this too and give me stereo recording in video, but the quality of the sound if you pay attention it's much worse. That's why I asked if it's a bug in all custom ROM's and if this will be fixed

sebZ128

Jun 6, 2014
Hahaha... here's a good one.

Lost connectivity to mobile data this morning. Checked - APNs everything was fine. Rebooted, but wasn't able to get data working.
So i turned off my device. Pulled out the battery took out my SIM card and fired phone up again. Result of this was, phone kind off was back to factory reset, but only on some parts. Also every app that was moved to interal sd card was gone. Download of the apps from the Play Store ended up in unknown error -24. Several reboots and clearing cache didn't worked out.

Good thing was, data worked again, after putting back my sim into the phone. yippieee! :D
This happened on 4.45 btw.

Just going for a clean flash right now.

Last edited:

Coren0327

Jul 24, 2012
Liege
Hahaha... here's a good one.

Lost connectivity to mobile data this morning. Checked - APNs everything was fine. Rebooted, but wasn't able to get data working.
So i turned off my device. Pulled out the battery took out my SIM card and fired phone up again. Result of this was, phone kind off was back to factory reset, but only on some parts. Also every app that was moved to interal sd card was gone. Download of the apps from the Play Store ended up in unknown error -24. Several reboots and clearing cache didn't worked out.

Good thing was, data worked again, after putting back my sim into the phone. yippieee! :D
This happened on 4.45 btw.

Just going for a clean flash right now.

Hey i just got the same issue twice, one today, i thought i was alone or a single issue that would never occure again but...
So my sim went off, couldn't send or receive SMS it wasn't only about data for me, everything was fine as well, it just went that way in hte middle of the day with no explanations, my network name was gone and wrote "206 10" instead of "Mobistar" (this happened a lot anyway) but the netwrok was just "dead" as I was outside in the center of the town. I decided to reboot as I always did when the "206 10" bug appears and when my phone won't "communicate" but this time the reboot took more than 1 minute mostly like it was a first run after a clean install.
And like described above, all apps installed on the sdcard are gone, all the others are back to default only my accounts are still there at least.
And when I try to reinstall apps that are gone i also get the -24 install error.
Very disapointing for a daily driver :/

eseanq

Jul 24, 2014
Currently have ColorOS on my 7A. Haven't flashed any other rome to it. Looking to try something new. Any big drawbacks?

Coren0327

Jul 24, 2012
Liege
Unified.

find7u = unified

buddy I'm not missreading or missunderstanding nor stupid... I had the non unified build BETA 2 for the two last weeks and had 3 soft resets on it like I explained on early posts here, my question was to know if the issue was fixed at least on the normal builds as Aysir asks to check on find7u and not find7 normals...

Reactions: sebZ128 and nerotix

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
buddy I'm not missreading or missunderstanding nor stupid... I had the non unified build BETA 2 for the two last weeks and had 3 soft resets on it like I explained on early posts here, my question was to know if the issue was fixed at least on the normal builds as Aysir asks to check on find7u and not find7 normals...
i said find7u because ive had users using it asking about it. Unknown to me, was also regular builds having same issue

MikeCriggs

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 24, 2010
Catskills, NY
twitter.com

My mistake.

Sent from my find7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

farenteria

May 13, 2013
I've been using the unified build since the latest update, and I haven't had a reset issue so far. It used to be that I had multiple resets a day

tork987

Jan 27, 2013
Superuser dont work for me with beta 4 find7u. I must flash SuperSu.

Edit:
05d8ff220ee5c5151d4f93ac6dbffde4.jpg

This issue I have since I use PA.
I use PA gapps mini

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][02/01/15][Lollipop 5.0] AOSPA 5 Alpha 1

sieb.jpg

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

PA Gapps

(disclaimer: Only use MICRO MODULAR GAPPS as the other variants overwrite camera files and break it)

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE COLLAB WITH THESE GUYS @Entropy512 @kristofpetho @jakew02
    REAL THANKS TO OPPO COMPANY FOR SENDING THE TEAM DEVICES TO WORK ON!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSPA 5.0, ROM for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
    ayysir, houstonn
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/AOSPA-legacy

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-25

Created 2014-05-23
    Last Updated 2015-02-03
    Alright guys, I have a find7 unified solution using @Entropy512 work!

FIND7U AND FIND7a/s users should be able to use this solution.

Disclaimer: Realize this is highly experimental. Only users with the knowledge of recovering devices should try this method out. I will not be held responsible for any issues you may run into while trying this method as it is presented here as a proof of implement. (THIS WILL WIPE YOUR INTERNAL SD, BACK THAT UP BEFORE YOU TRY)

FIND7U users:

Important!

FLASH THESE ITEMS FROM EXTERNAL SD!

1. flash this file in your respective recovery: HERE
    (This zip is a augment from @Entropy512 's original implement, this will setup up device with lvm configurations, this will also flash a lvm supported alpha twrp recovery)

2. Reboot Recovery

3. Flash a Rom with lvm-supported configurations in AOSPA download HERE

4. Flash your preferred GAPPS

FIND7a & FIND7s users:

FLASH THESE ITEMS FROM EXTERNAL SD!

take note of your partition layout (should be 3: 1 partition with about 2-3gb of size, 1 with about 13-14 gb (find7a) or 20+ gb (find7s), 1 for external SD

1. Factory Reset/Wipe Device (backup your apps and data before hand please)

2. flash this file in your respective recovery: HERE
    (This zip is a augment from @Entropy512 's original implement, this will setup up device with lvm configurations, this will also flash a lvm supported alpha twrp recovery)

3. Reboot Recovery

4. Flash a Rom with lvm-supported configurations in AOSPA download HERE

5. Flash your preferred GAPPS

if you would like to remove LVM-configs and go back to using Coldbird's method or Oppo's partitioning for other supported roms flash the "Removelvm" zip located here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55081626&postcount=546

ALL CREDIT goes to Entropy512 and Omni Team. This by far is a safer implement for users than pushing a partition augmenting img. However thank you very much to Coldbird for his efforts in pushing to have a unified partition for these epic devcies
    unified storage partitions coming this week known as find7u
    new builds up for find7a/7s/7u
    FIND7U BUILD!

Find7u is a special build that support unified storage that jb > supports
    The find7a/s shipped with 2 partitions: 1 for apps, 1 for internal storage.
    On newer devices, those partitions are merged into one. This solves bootlooping when app partition is out of space and art related bugs. Going forward to android L, this future proofs the device.

FIRST YOU MUST CONVERT YOUR DEVICE PARTITIONS TO SUPPORT UNIFIED BY USING THIS GUIDE (FIND7U WILL NOT WORK WELL WITH THE OLD SPLIT PARTITIONING):

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/tutorial-unified-storage-layout-for-oppo-find-7a.17952/
    (THANK YOU @coldbird FOR THIS GUIDE)

-- make sure you flash unified twrp as well

http://ayysir.hostingsharedbox.com/find7u/

CREDIT: team Gummy for initial progress on this unified version