Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][S-OFF] SIM Unlock Your HTC ONE M8 GSM *NOT SPRINT*

Tip us?

ketchup4life
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Worked like a charm! Remember to put the file on a external SD card!

moates4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just want to make sure I understand the op's statement on supercid. I'm not currently supercid so if I unlock using this method, then down the road change to supercid. When I change back to AT&T Cid it will undo this method and be impossible to reunlock using this method. Is that correct?

skylinegtrvspec
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by moates4 View Post
Just want to make sure I understand the op's statement on supercid. I'm not currently supercid so if I unlock using this method, then down the road change to supercid. When I change back to AT&T Cid it will undo this method and be impossible to reunlock using this method. Is that correct?
I think you should be able to redo the process and it will work again but hen again im not sure.

skuyumcu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello I am living in Turkey;
And I could manage to open simlock with this thread!

Thank you very much.
(PS : It didn't work without S-Off)
Phone is HTC M8 AT&T 32GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANRIVERA View Post
Hello guys,

Here is a method (confirmed working by Me) to SIM Unlock your HTC ONE M8 for other SIM cards for use on other GSM networks.

Before we begin I wish to inform you that I did not create this tool. It is the property of sieempi.

You MUST be S-OFF & have External SD for this to work.

S-OFF METHOD

Usual disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Use this mod at your own risk.

as pointed by @GSLEON3 you could only do the SuperCid "11111111" described bellow after S-OFF and it will also unlock your device but if for some reason you change back your CID you will lose the unlock the other method unlock the device forever

how to SuperCID your device after S-OFF

[NOOBS Guide] HTC ONE SUPERCID method via fastboot

or permanent method

Instructions:

1) Go to this site: http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/2...tc-devices-536

2) You'll notice that the HTC ONE M8 is not listed in the supported devices, but the process does work.

3) Supply a valid IMEI and email address on the form on that page and where it says "Phone Type" put HTC ONE M8 , and they will email you a Config.Dat file to put on the root of your EXTERNAL SD card.

4) Reboot into bootloader, select "SIMLock" and it'll apply the config file.

5) Follow the instructions on the phone and reboot when it tells you to. If you get an "OpenCID File Fail" error, this is normal, proceed anyway!

6) Once you've rebooted, your HTC One M8 should be fully SIM Unlocked!

7) Put in a foreign SIM card and test it out

8) for Sprint M8 devices only Thanks to @pisang_azafor pointing and @nikme for the original thread follow this instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682242

If you have any questions, please refer to the linked site as I will be limited in how I can help since I am not the original creator of the tool.

Credits:
Adrian Campeanu (sieempi) - for the tool, because you know, it's his intellectual property and stuff
Binary - for sharing the site that has the tool and for risking his device to make sure it works (THANKS!!! )
Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1272080

PS. I encourage donations to the tool maker who actually created this tool. You can find his donation button on the linked unlocking site.

This info was taken from this HTC Amaze forum thanks to @electronicrice for putting together the original thread that can be found here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1659430
The Following User Says Thank You to skuyumcu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JEANRIVERA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 317

DONATE TO ME
OP updated
reason:

1. REMOVED SPRINT RELATED STUFF SINCE IT IS GIVING TO MUCH TROUBLE SPRINT USERS SHOULD GO TO SPRINT HTC ONE M8 SECTION I do not own a sprint device thats why I never intended this tool to work on those devices I never tried on a sprint device and never will sorry for any inconvenience

2. added a link to other S-OFF method "sunshine"

lilbeartmz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Service Help needed!!!

I have this Sprint HTC M8, and i unlocked it (push "down" and lock button, it says "UNLOCKED"), which is good.
But I still cant use my Tmobile sim card on this cell. It has a little SIM card logo on top of the screen with a small "!"next to it, might means "Invalid card".

ps: I have this app called SIM UNLOCK HELPER, and when I click on it, it will says "Device Check Fail! This device is not a Sprint HTC One! Therefore, this program will not run." And i click on "back" button, it shows me "Instructions", and at the end of the screen, it says "Device : VERIFIED: Sprint HTC One"...

and it tells me to use *#*#4636#*#* to set up the GSM, which is the one for Tmobile, and I did, "Set preferred network type: GSM only". But still doesnt work...

Could anyone help me plz...

Thanks!

JEANRIVERA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 317

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeartmz View Post
I have this Sprint HTC M8, and i unlocked it (push "down" and lock button, it says "UNLOCKED"), which is good.
But I still cant use my Tmobile sim card on this cell. It has a little SIM card logo on top of the screen with a small "!"next to it, might means "Invalid card".

ps: I have this app called SIM UNLOCK HELPER, and when I click on it, it will says "Device Check Fail! This device is not a Sprint HTC One! Therefore, this program will not run." And i click on "back" button, it shows me "Instructions", and at the end of the screen, it says "Device : VERIFIED: Sprint HTC One"...

and it tells me to use *#*#4636#*#* to set up the GSM, which is the one for Tmobile, and I did, "Set preferred network type: GSM only". But still doesnt work...

Could anyone help me plz...

Thanks!
Sorry no Sprint support here you should go to Sprint thread and ask there for help

lilbeartmz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANRIVERA View Post
Sorry no Sprint support here you should go to Sprint thread and ask there for help
Hi, thank you for letting me know, but I'm new here, could you tell me how can i get to the "Sprint thread" plz?

Thx!!!

Tags
carrier, gsm, sim unlock, unlock