Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tronsmart PS7 MTK6592 7" Phablet Unboxing, Review, and Root!

Tip us?

mac231us
Old
(Last edited by mac231us; 19th August 2014 at 02:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by estuardo4 View Post
Thank you for your answer. I swear that I've tried hard pressing power and vol down and nothing happens. It is really strange, or I'm a fool (I'm voting for the second).

EDIT: Never mind. I finally was able to do it. Some drivers problems. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled. All went fine.

Now, I need help flashing Mlais to my phone. I downloaded SP Flash tools, the Mlais ROM and the drives from PDA NET. I'm using Windows 8, so every time I run SP flash tools, I run it as an administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows 7 or Windows XP. The problem I have is that I cannot flash. My device is not detected. I don't know if I have to change anything on the scatter file or what else to do. Using MKT Flash tools also didn't work. My device was not detected.

I'm downloading 4.4.2 from my device manufacter's site (LUFTCO) and will follow instructions. I really don't know what's going on, as the SP tools version I'm using is suppossedly compatible with all MTK devices.
getting drivers installed is a pain...it took me several tries..use a program called usbdeview to remove devices installed at port to redo the install..when attaching phone by usb it will try to install automatically..have system device manager open..go to the port right click and manually install the driver instead of auto option...it is in win7 (for win 7) (not sure of win 8) in preloader win7 directory of All MTK USB Driver 2014.rar (it is over 23mb so cannot attach here) (attached 2 versions of usb deview)

also when flashing ..need to go first to spflashtools, get the Dl_DA from spflashtools directory and the scatter file (from the rom folder itself)...then click download..THEN attach phone (no battery..so basically off)..only then can flashing begin

search for All MTK USB Driver 2014.rar (think i got it at chinaphonearena.com)...edit have put link down below

All MTK USB Driver 2014.rar\All MTK USB Driver 2014\All MTK Drivers\MT65xx Preloader\

search some older posts where i posted some useful links (have myself lost some of them)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=20

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12&postcount=8

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sj...river+2014.rar
Attached Files
File Type: zip usbdeview.zip - [Click for QR Code] (77.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip usbdeview-x64.zip - [Click for QR Code] (103.5 KB, 0 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mac231us For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marsian0
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I'm downloading 4.4.2 from my device manufacter's site (LUFTCO) and will follow instructions. I really don't know what's going on, as the SP tools version I'm using is suppossedly compatible with all MTK devices.
that's wy i keep an old laptop with winxp,

estuardo4
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsian0 View Post
that's wy i keep an old laptop with winxp,
LOL. I can't.

Anyway, I finally installed Mlais ROM. I have found several problems (Kinguser can't be installed, Vroot takes a while to root, mobileuncletools took three times to instal CW recovery), but the thing that is making me cry is that my sd card became sdcard0, so all contents on my internal memory are lost. I lost pictures, backups, etc. Nobody warned me about this. Is it all lost?

mac231us
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
LOL. I can't.

Anyway, I finally installed Mlais ROM. I have found several problems (Kinguser can't be installed, Vroot takes a while to root, mobileuncletools took three times to instal CW recovery), but the thing that is making me cry is that my sd card became sdcard0, so all contents on my internal memory are lost. I lost pictures, backups, etc. Nobody warned me about this. Is it all lost?
yes flashing directly usually erases the main memory..i always keep a copy somewhere else (pc and sd card)..sorry about your loss

btw i have found restoring backups by the cwm from mktdroid tools as unreliable (esp when restoring data)..the cwm using the carliv method is much more reliable (never had issues with it)

just my experience

http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum...-MT6582-MT6592

marsian0
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
LOL. I can't.
Too bad, I always keep my data on external sd card, cause I like flashing new roms, never put info on internal.
Maybe you can try to un-erase with some recovery utility.

estuardo4
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac231us View Post
yes flashing directly usually erases the main memory..i always keep a copy somewhere else (pc and sd card)..sorry about your loss

btw i have found restoring backups by the cwm from mktdroid tools as unreliable (esp when restoring data)..the cwm using the carliv method is much more reliable (never had issues with it)

just my experience

http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum...-MT6582-MT6592
I've been flashing directly and via recovery for more than six years and this is the first time I have this problem. I have a copy of almost everything, but it was unexpected. Why the system made the sdcard1 sdcard0? Is it something new at Kit Kat? I doubt it, as I had other phones (Xperia Z Ultra and Motorola Droid Razr HD) that I upgrade from 4.2 to 4.4 and the format was kept. I never read of something similar on other threads.

It is really unexpected. But with new ROMs, you never know. It is a good thing that I try to keep my important files backed up in the external sd card, and on my PC. But this is the first time I lost a partition. Oh well.

I really hope 4.4.3 is as good as told by others. So far, so good, but I'm wasting precious time reinstalling all my missing apps and data.

I guess that if I choose to return to 4.2.2 to MIUI or ColorOS, I'll loose the sdcard 0,1 order, right?

Thank you for your help.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Too bad, I always keep my data on external sd card, cause I like flashing new roms, never put info on internal.
Maybe you can try to un-erase with some recovery utility.
Do you have any appname to help me trying to un-erase my files?

Thank you.

PD. I don't know who made Mlais ROM boot up animations. They are really horrible (IMO)

marsian0
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i was thinking of using somthing like recuva, and try to recover from internal memory from your desktop computer, but i don't know if it could be possible because of different layouts of partitions..
Search on xda for "Recover deleted files from Internal Memory", there are some threads about it. I Hope it helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to marsian0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

estuardo4
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
i was thinking of using somthing like recuva, and try to recover from internal memory from your desktop computer, but i don't know if it could be possible because of different layouts of partitions..
Search on xda for "Recover deleted files from Internal Memory", there are some threads about it. I Hope it helps.
I finally was able to restore all my missing apps. Fortunately I have several apps synced with my (and theirs) cloud accounts.

But I have a question: do you happen to know if I need the sd fix for Kit Kat now? I have three camera apps and I want that all store the pics on my sd card. So far, all three are storing the pics just fine, but I don't want to have a later surprise.

I don't think it is a placebo effect the scrolling. It is smoother than 4.4.2 (and 4.2.2).

I'm liking this ROM, but I miss some Xposed framework mods, but it is not a ROM's fault. It is because I'm using ART runtime right now. Do you happen to know any app that allows to mod the framework and can be used on ART?

Also, just a side note for anybody wishing to flash a ROM using SP Flashtools: In order for the flash to start, you need to connect your phone pushing VOL+ and Power at the same time. And if you don't want to lose the contents of your internal storage, unmark both EBR1 and EBR2 on the list of files to flash.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to estuardo4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]