Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android Head Units for cars

Tip us?

erickotz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Android Head Units for cars

Hi all,
I've been thinking about replacing the headunit in my car and have seen a few Android-based headunits on the market. Searching here, I've found basically no discussion of them, so I'm curious what people's experiences are.

I'm looking for Double-DIN, Navigation, Cap Touch, and HD Radio support. The CA-FI DashLinq4 would be almost perfect, except it has no HD Radio.

Does anyone have a unit? Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion for one that meets my desired features?

erickotz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone?

junglizste
Old
Thanks Meter 18
After searching extensively I ended up going with the Dashlinq4. AN-21 is a fragmented cluster. Hue-fie 2 isn't much better and generally has low build quality. Parrot asteroid is ancient now, android 2.3 only. Kenwood is too proprietary, not rooted, no sideloading, no point. WD8800 was a bust. Ca-Fi seems to be the only legitimate company standing behind their product. It seems to be quite stable and build quality is top-notch.

I haven't seen any android units with HDradio. I used to like HDRadio until i got used to having the internet in my dash. I wouldn't listen to it now if I had it. Just about any content you could get over HDradio can be found streaming. Quality is just as good, if not better and it doesn't use up a whole lot of data to stream audio.

If you HAVE to have HDradio, get one of these a mount it next to your Dashlinq
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/301238604071?lpid=82