[Howto] Battery Calibration

26th July 2013, 04:29 PM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 768

2,627 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvlq

how should i calibrate my i9505 (galaxy s4) battery?

Why are you calibrating it..sorry but that's new and personally don't think you should..however, i think calibration would be the same method as posted in the OP..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Last edited by jr_718; 6th August 2013 at 09:50 PM.
1st October 2013, 05:47 AM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
nice thread
15th October 2013, 02:32 PM   |  #103  
Flag Montreal

28 posts
More
Been having a battery issue for a while now and I am wondering if this guide would help me or if anything else I could do.

Basically my phone was left with a game running (forgot it on while i was at an appointment) the phone drained down and shutdown automatically. It was fairly hot too. Since then I can't charge the battery more than 89-90%. I thought my battery was damaged so I bought a new one, same thing. So I figured it is the phone. But I am not sure what should be done.

I might try this guide to "re calibrate" my battery.

If anyone has a better idea, let me know.

Thanks
17th October 2013, 05:19 AM   |  #104  
Clarkesville, GA
Thanks Meter: 557

1,541 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenx888

Been having a battery issue for a while now and I am wondering if this guide would help me or if anything else I could do.

Basically my phone was left with a game running (forgot it on while i was at an appointment) the phone drained down and shutdown automatically. It was fairly hot too. Since then I can't charge the battery more than 89-90%. I thought my battery was damaged so I bought a new one, same thing. So I figured it is the phone. But I am not sure what should be done.

I might try this guide to "re calibrate" my battery.

If anyone has a better idea, let me know.

Thanks

Battery calibration apps, and battery calibration period has been debunked a long time ago. It's useless Google it and you will see it was debunked by Google itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to gregcapps For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2013, 12:04 PM   |  #105  
Flag Montreal

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcapps

Battery calibration apps, and battery calibration period has been debunked a long time ago. It's useless Google it and you will see it was debunked by Google itself.

Do you have any other suggestions for me. Because I tried charging my battery in another phone, got it fully charged and then when put back into my phone, it was at 75%. So this to me indicates something that is wrong but on software side.
17th October 2013, 05:07 PM   |  #106  
Clarkesville, GA
Thanks Meter: 557

1,541 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenx888

Do you have any other suggestions for me. Because I tried charging my battery in another phone, got it fully charged and then when put back into my phone, it was at 75%. So this to me indicates something that is wrong but on software side.

Sounds more like a hardware problem with the phone itself not the battery.

1st April 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 27

158 posts
More
The tread is old but I've tried this with a new battery anyway until realized it's not going to work with multi-charging sources (desktop,car charger, non-OEM home charger) and multi-ROMs environment where you wipe a whole system.
19th August 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 14

21 posts
If you have a multimeter, see if you can get the voltage of the battery...
My guess is the batteries are fine but your phone's charging circuitry got fried.

On the off chance though, have you tried a different ROM?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread