Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Bajanman: E-Team rocks!

[Q&A/T][ROM]DN3(Ditto Note 3)

Tip us?

Eternalty
Old
Thanks Meter 654
@Bajanman just an update on the freezing and reboots. It seems you are correct. I believe it was xposed. I did a fully clean install and did not install any apps for the first 24 hours. Then installed all my apps with exception to xposed and have had no issues. Weird though because it's just removing am/pm and changing some colors. That's It.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eternalty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eternalty
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKicker View Post
Took TWRP. flashed. When through the whole process again.
Factory resset + wipe data + internal storage
Flashed Rom. Reboot. (10 min on OS)
Flash Agni kernel (no perms fail this time)...but still doesn't work.

I need some sort of complete clean.

Why would I have the same issue with an other rom?
For a complete clean under wipe pick format data. That's gotten me out a few pickles

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

absinthesummer
Old
(Last edited by absinthesummer; 19th August 2014 at 03:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman View Post
Have you ever tried doing this with another recovery? TWRP is what we use
I'm not sure about the steps with Philz recovery, to wipe internal. Haven't used in a long while..

Go here for TWRP recovery for you particular device I317m right?
Latest version for you is 2.7.1.0
http://goo.gl/qt650F

Once flashed reboot the phone, then you can reboot back into recovery..
When in recovery hit wipe, then advance. Pic below with what I wipe when flashing a new Rom...
Sent from my T889 using Forum Runner
In philz, it's under Mounts & Storage, near the bottom of the menu -> Format Data including Data/Media (sdcard)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to absinthesummer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DanKicker
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Ok well, I finally found the bug, and hell I troubled you guys for nothing. Since I'm at it, better embarrass myself and maybe help a fellow out there that might be as dumb as I am.

For the last 4 hours yesterday after you guys told me some possible solutions I was reading and learning all the possible issue. It finally came to my mind that it might was a bootloader issue (as read with wifi/ no data, problem).

Went to sammobile, waited an hour to get the lastest firmware (4.4.3) from bell canada's sgh-i317m. Flashed it, reroot the device and flashed TWRP again. Phone rebooted, I filled in all my account info upon setup.... and guess what!?!

Nothing.... pure nothingggg. Kicked the dog, punched the wife (kidding on both!) and went to sleep.

In the morning I thought ("Maybe it didn't work because I haven't previously factory reset the phone prior to flash the bell firmware"). So I just did a factory reset, skipped the gmail account part just to see if wifi/data was working, AND YES IT WAS! Alleluia!

So! I went on and wanted to try this thread's rom. Factory reset, wipe cache, internal storage and all the stuff. Setup the phone, gmail accounts, let it sit for 5 mins and tried the wifi. No connection. I remembered that I had to flash the kernel, so did I. Flash -> reboot..... nothing. No wifi/data.

I then remembered that the only time it worked was when I a factory reset without signing in to my gmail account. So that's what I did and the wifi/data was functional.

At that point I knew the problem wasn't the Rom, nor the Rom, nor the bootloader. You know what the problem was? My poor medium term memory.

Let my explain:
Before flashing this rom, eveything was chill (except for random internet cuts), and I had Ad-Block Plus installed. For the first time ever on that previous ROM ABP told me, in order to perform, to enter a manual proxy on localhot on port 2020. Since the wifi logins backup to your gmail accounts, this was the reason why I couldn't get any connections while on wifi. Mobile data was working because I had flashed a new modem upon flashing this rom.

Long story short: I sucked, the bug was my fault (ABP proxy), but at least I learned a couple things here and there from you guys!

I want to say a big THANK YOU to all those who helped me in the process.

Best regards!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanKicker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Flashvetrin
Old
Thanks Meter 497

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok well, I finally found the bug, and hell I troubled you guys for nothing. Since I'm at it, better embarrass myself and maybe help a fellow out there that might be as dumb as I am.

For the last 4 hours yesterday after you guys told me some possible solutions I was reading and learning all the possible issue. It finally came to my mind that it might was a bootloader issue (as read with wifi/ no data, problem).

Went to sammobile, waited an hour to get the lastest firmware (4.4.3) from bell canada's sgh-i317m. Flashed it, reroot the device and flashed TWRP again. Phone rebooted, I filled in all my account info upon setup.... and guess what!?!

Nothing.... pure nothingggg. Kicked the dog, punched the wife (kidding on both!) and went to sleep.

In the morning I thought ("Maybe it didn't work because I haven't previously factory reset the phone prior to flash the bell firmware"). So I just did a factory reset, skipped the gmail account part just to see if wifi/data was working, AND YES IT WAS! Alleluia!

So! I went on and wanted to try this thread's rom. Factory reset, wipe cache, internal storage and all the stuff. Setup the phone, gmail accounts, let it sit for 5 mins and tried the wifi. No connection. I remembered that I had to flash the kernel, so did I. Flash -> reboot..... nothing. No wifi/data.

I then remembered that the only time it worked was when I a factory reset without signing in to my gmail account. So that's what I did and the wifi/data was functional.

At that point I knew the problem wasn't the Rom, nor the Rom, nor the bootloader. You know what the problem was? My poor medium term memory.

Let my explain:
Before flashing this rom, eveything was chill (except for random internet cuts), and I had Ad-Block Plus installed. For the first time ever on that previous ROM ABP told me, in order to perform, to enter a manual proxy on localhot on port 2020. Since the wifi logins backup to your gmail accounts, this was the reason why I couldn't get any connections while on wifi. Mobile data was working because I had flashed a new modem upon flashing this rom.

Long story short: I sucked, the bug was my fault (ABP proxy), but at least I learned a couple things here and there from you guys!

Best regards!
Glad your up Mr kicker..... ☺👍

Sent from my Flashvetrin using Tapatalk

Part of the solution.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flashvetrin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 2182
Quote:

Let my explain:

Best regards!
Glad you fixed it my friend and you are more than welcome

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4884

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Let my explain:

Best regards!

Hey ya got it fixed[emoji106][emoji106][emoji48]...Excellent
So taking a break helps in the end.
Thanx for the detailed explanation...

Sent from my I317 using Forum Runner.
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom
[4.4.2]DN5v2
FAQ

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
ditto, dn3 rom, eteam, team eletron