Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 40,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Life Discussion

Tip us?

stagman1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post Bad experiance with g watches

I am now on my 2nd g watch because of poor battery life and both of them have the same problem.I am getting about 8.5 hours life before shutdown due to lack of power.I have tried everything i can think off to extend the battery life but nothing seems to work.
It seems to me that some have got a very very good life and some have got a abysmal battery life and there is no way of telling which one you will get.I am doing a test to see if it may be something on the phone that is affecting it so i have disconneted it from the phone and will monitor battery life over the next few hours but dont hold up much hope.
I will be taking it back to the shop again just to see what they say(they did try the old"It must be something you are doing" routine)but it comes down to if its fit for purpose which it clearly is not!
If anyone has any thoughts they would like to share on this then please feel free to add anything.simalarly if anyone has had the same problem and found a solution then i would be most interested to learn of it.

Wish me luck
Dave

jimbobtexas
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
It was the Weather Watchface that was killing my battery. I switched to the Better Wear watchface, and I'm sitting at 80% at 1:30pm, after taking it off the charger at 7:30am.
--- Verizon HTC One M7
--- LG G Watch
--- Nexus 7 2012

HolzwurmMarkus
Old
Thanks Meter 7
It's the Watchface .... or an other app... Several people had also this problems. I have had this to on some watchfaces. If I use an other watchface it last not 8-9 but more then 24 hours....

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

stagman1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Bad experiance with g watches

I sussed it but im not sure how! i charged it up to 100% then took it off charge but did not connect it to the phone and it lost 1% per hour which is what everyone else was getting so i reinstalled the wear app on the phone and restarted the phone and in 13 Hours it lost 13% charge which is perfect.i cant be sure waht it was but something was in constant communication with my watch so it was severly draining the battery.i am going to test some differant apps to find out which ones do affect the battery life drastically but as it stands i have got it to work the way it should

Erik1805
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Losing about 1% p/hour on moderate use. happy with that.
Device - Sony Xperia Z2 Black | Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM - Stock | Rom - Carbon with All-F2FS support
Kernel - Stock | Kernel - M-Kernel

adamelphick
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Took mine off charge at 8am this morning, been using it for WhatsApp messages etc and plenty of notifications.... it's 8.15pm and it is still on 57%...

Pretty good I think? Oh and I had an animated watch face on it most of the day!

A1000 (retired), Exec (Sold), Ameo (LOST!!), Vario III (Sold)
Motorola Q9 (Gone back to Microsoft as the Mobile Insights Assessment Panel has closed down!)
HTC Touch Pro (Sold), HTC HD2 (Sold), HTC HD7 (Sold)
Asus Transformer TF101 (Sold), Asus Transformer TF300 White (Sold), Galaxy Note 2 (Sold)

LG G3 32gb Gold
32gb micro-SDHC
Wireless Charger Cradle

LG G Watch
White Gold

LG G Pad 8.3
White

Tesco Hudl
Black