Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible to root 4.1.2 sch-i925 tablet on Verizon?

Tip us?

tselling
Old
(Last edited by tselling; 14th August 2014 at 05:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauntt View Post
What's at version 1.78 for it to work?
The VRoot program. When I first tried it, didn't work....the VRoot program updated itself to 1.78 and then worked. You might also try the non-English version since it seems to be at 1.78 for download. I think I may have installed both the English and the non-English versions.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

tauntt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
The VRoot program. When I first tried it, didn't work....the VRoot program updated itself to 1.78 and then worked. You might also try the non-English version since it seems to be at 1.78 for download. I think I may have installed both the English and the non-English versions.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
Yep you were correct. I downloaded the 1.78 version and it worked. Thanks a lot.

tselling
Old
(Last edited by tselling; 15th August 2014 at 03:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauntt View Post
Yep you were correct. I downloaded the 1.78 version and it worked. Thanks a lot.
I am glad it worked for you. I am a little nervous about this root method since I don't know how it works, and that if I uninstall the Kinguser Superuser.apk then I lose root so I cannot use a different Superuser app. I don't know if this method puts us at risk for someone getting into our tablets without our knowledge. However, VRoot is the only root method that I have found to work for the i925 with VRAMK1 firmware.

tselling
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
I am glad it worked for you. I am a little nervous about this root method since I don't know how it works, and that if I uninstall the Kinguser Superuser.apk then I lose root so I cannot use a different Superuser app. I don't know if this method puts us at risk for someone getting into our tablets without our knowledge. However, VRoot is the only root method that I have found to work for the i925 with VRAMK1 firmware.
I think I have a way to completely clean VRoot off the i925 and replace their Kinguser superuser app with Chainfire's SuperSU. The method is based on MrW0lf''s posted method but I had to modifiy for VRoot version 1.7.8 and the i925. Unzip the cleanvr.zip and put the cleanvr folder on your sdcard. Then you can adb into the i925 and su. Go into the cleanvr directory and do the command "/system/bin/sh ./root.sh". This should hopefully clean out VRoot. Don't forget to uninstall VRoot on your PC with something like IOBitUninstaller.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cleanvr.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.60 MB, 3 views)
If my post helped you, please hit the Thanks button!