Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Possible to root 4.1.2 sch-i925 tablet on Verizon?

OP tauntt

14th August 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
272 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauntt

What's at version 1.78 for it to work?

The VRoot program. When I first tried it, didn't work....the VRoot program updated itself to 1.78 and then worked. You might also try the non-English version since it seems to be at 1.78 for download. I think I may have installed both the English and the non-English versions.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
Last edited by tselling; 14th August 2014 at 06:24 PM.
15th August 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling

The VRoot program. When I first tried it, didn't work....the VRoot program updated itself to 1.78 and then worked. You might also try the non-English version since it seems to be at 1.78 for download. I think I may have installed both the English and the non-English versions.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Yep you were correct. I downloaded the 1.78 version and it worked. Thanks a lot.
15th August 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
272 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauntt

Yep you were correct. I downloaded the 1.78 version and it worked. Thanks a lot.

I am glad it worked for you. I am a little nervous about this root method since I don't know how it works, and that if I uninstall the Kinguser Superuser.apk then I lose root so I cannot use a different Superuser app. I don't know if this method puts us at risk for someone getting into our tablets without our knowledge. However, VRoot is the only root method that I have found to work for the i925 with VRAMK1 firmware.
Last edited by tselling; 15th August 2014 at 04:11 PM.
19th August 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
272 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling

I am glad it worked for you. I am a little nervous about this root method since I don't know how it works, and that if I uninstall the Kinguser Superuser.apk then I lose root so I cannot use a different Superuser app. I don't know if this method puts us at risk for someone getting into our tablets without our knowledge. However, VRoot is the only root method that I have found to work for the i925 with VRAMK1 firmware.

I think I have a way to completely clean VRoot off the i925 and replace their Kinguser superuser app with Chainfire's SuperSU. The method is based on MrW0lf''s posted method but I had to modifiy for VRoot version 1.7.8 and the i925. Unzip the cleanvr.zip and put the cleanvr folder on your sdcard. Then you can adb into the i925 and su. Go into the cleanvr directory and do the command "/system/bin/sh ./root.sh". This should hopefully clean out VRoot. Don't forget to uninstall VRoot on your PC with something like IOBitUninstaller.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cleanvr.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.60 MB, 8 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes