Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] DELL VENUE 7/8 Intel Rooting / Development Discussion:

Tip us?

social-design-concepts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
There are times I really regret sharing this root . . .

People need to understand I'm a hobbyist and I have hobbyist time to work on this sometimes that's a lot of time some times that's little to none the past few weeks have been next to none hence why I've not uploaded the flash kit or image packages yet also working out device checks started making my eyes hurt so I had to set that aside for some clarity.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
Current Devices:
Tablet : Dell Venue 7 3730 Android : KK4.4.2 SW : Venue 7 3730_KK4.4V1.26_140430-NoModem rooted using : myKIT_BATCH for Dell Venue 7 / 8

Phone : Motorola Razr M Android : KK4.4.2 SW : 183.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US rooted using : towelroot by geohot
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to social-design-concepts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arclight25
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by social-design-concepts View Post

People need to understand I'm a hobbyist and I have hobbyist time to work on this sometimes that's a lot of time some times that's little to none the past few weeks have been next to none hence why I've not uploaded the flash kit or image packages yet also working out device checks started making my eyes hurt so I had to set that aside for some clarity.

Take you time....Your efforts are appreciated!! The impatient people can take a leap.
AT&T HTC one M8 32gb phone
HTC One 32gb (black)
Dell Venue 8 / NVIDIA Shield Tablet / Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2
Asus Transformer TF701t / Asus Transformer AIO / MS Surface RT
Samsung Galaxy Players: 3.6 / 4.0 / 4.2 / 5.0 / 5.8

Terry Kennedy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight25 View Post
Take you time....Your efforts are appreciated!! The impatient people can take a leap.
Agreed. And for anybody who has a bricked device and is desperate, they can always unhide the content of post #3 in this thread, which has the links for the previous version of the toolkit which can do a complete re-flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Terry Kennedy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samdman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by social-design-concepts View Post

s-d-c, you've gone above & beyond - take a well-earned break.
Family & health 1st.

Aleks_F
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet Works as well on "Trekstor xintron i 10.1"

Thanks for all the work you did with this tool. I was actually wondering, if there was any way of rooting a x86 Atom CPU driven android tablet at all until I found your postings.Today I just tried your batch and it went - like butter: smooth and gentle. So thanks a lot.

~Mindfreak~
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Blinkfeed

http://androidnews.co.in/2014/04/05/...ndroid-device/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696399

@social-design-concepts can this be carried out on a rooted dell venue 7 wifi only.. kitkat 4.4.2 v1.33..

social-design-concepts
Old
(Last edited by social-design-concepts; Yesterday at 10:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Mindfreak~ View Post
I'll try to take a look at it this evening I'm kind interested myself being we don't have a custom recovery that installation method is out but I'm sure there are some changes to the installation needed anyways so i'll see what I can come up with.

Other users interested in this possibly?

So the apks install with no issues at all but it just looks awful on a tablet

Current Devices:
Tablet : Dell Venue 7 3730 Android : KK4.4.2 SW : Venue 7 3730_KK4.4V1.26_140430-NoModem rooted using : myKIT_BATCH for Dell Venue 7 / 8

Phone : Motorola Razr M Android : KK4.4.2 SW : 183.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US rooted using : towelroot by geohot

Tags
dell venue 7, dell venue 8, development, rooting