Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 53,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][v500][4.4.2] AIC Kernel [MAY-4-2014]

Tip us?

sleekmason
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicjofs View Post
It does to a point. Looking at the kmsg with it set to enforcing it won't even mount /data or /cache. Obviously changing the policy to permissive after it's booted won't help. Changing it in the ramdisk though will allow it to mount /data and /cache, with /data formatted it will create all the directories and as root I am able to cp files to either. However apps for example are unusable, the audit spams all kind of messages of access denied. Looking for the root cause of that I forget what the boot time message says but off the top of my head it's something to the effect that SEpolicy doesn't believe F2FS is able to set extra attributes and it can't tag anything at all. Either my commits are bad(unlikely because I had it working on a CM kernel but still possible since the sources are quite different) for extra attributes or the SE binary isn't aware of the capabilities of F2FS. I'm leaning towards the latter. There are commits I have seen in CM and others for SEpolicy and F2FS compatibility, seeing this is LG ROM I'm not seeing where I could change it at the level I need to.

I'm not very versed at SElinux, I have read and learned quite a bit recently but still have gaping holes in my understanding.
I take it you've look under security in the menuconfig. The problem there being countless error throws and possibly a compromised system. Tough nut to crack.

sirus20
Old
(Last edited by sirus20; 18th August 2014 at 04:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
I would like the AIC2 with no gpu overclocking at 400 mhz please. I've noticed that my gpu is working at 200 mhz and although I change it through trickster mod it stays there

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app
Always running latest....flashing in progress...
''Current Devices. PHONE..HTC ONE M7
TABLET..ASUS TF700T and LG G PAD 8.3

raw2000j
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Any updates coming?

aicjofs
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw2000j View Post
Any updates coming?
The AICbeta2 is really stable, I've been using it for weeks. Besides that I've just been considering fast charging and F2FS. Can't think of many other things that are needed. Linux kernel update? What else?
Read my less technical and uncensored ramblings on Nabi Tablet modding
Nab Tab Hacks

bjcrj
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicjofs View Post
The AICbeta2 is really stable, I've been using it for weeks. Besides that I've just been considering fast charging and F2FS. Can't think of many other things that are needed. Linux kernel update? What else?
Does beta 2 work on cm based roms?

seilogeo
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrj View Post
Does beta 2 work on cm based roms?
I am on Mahdi rom and I use the stock kernel with the brightness fix,
I bought the device 3 days ago and I also want to ask if it is possible to make it work on aosp.
I almost read all the pages of this thread and I didn't take an answer to that.
Forgive me if the question is too nooby.