Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 50,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone stuck constantly rebooting

Tip us?

saj1jr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Phone stuck constantly rebooting

SU Binary needs to be updated on my phone - it's causing my phone to boot up, run for about 30 seconds, and then reboot over and over again.

How can I update the binary? I go to Superuser and it gives me the option to, but the phone reboots before I get the chance to update it.

I found the file I need to flash, but how can I get it onto my phone? The phone doesn't stay on long enough for me to transfer the file onto the phone...

PLEASE HELP!!
The Following User Says Thank You to saj1jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,821

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like you flashed a GSm rom that is not compatible with Sprint.
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

saj1jr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Sounds like you flashed a GSm rom that is not compatible with Sprint.
Forgot to mention that I haven't flashed any ROM's - I rooted just so I could access mobile hotspot for free and what not.

Anyway, I actually ended up fixing it. Was able to get into SU and it posted the update file to my phone and I accessed it via recovery. Flashed it and the problem is fixed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saj1jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobsbobbers
Old
(Last edited by bobsbobbers; 22nd June 2014 at 11:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1jr View Post
Forgot to mention that I haven't flashed any ROM's - I rooted just so I could access mobile hotspot for free and what not.

Anyway, I actually ended up fixing it. Was able to get into SU and it posted the update file to my phone and I accessed it via recovery. Flashed it and the problem is fixed.
thanks for the tip, i'm going to give this a try. something is throwing my phone into boot loops today too, I just unfroze all the stuff I froze with TB this week thinking that was the trouble.... I am on stock/rooted 4.4.2 with SU as well.

Update:
Booted to recovery, used adb to push the new Su binary (v2.00) over to phone, used custom recovery to install new su binary zip, all seems right with the world. will post again if I have troubles, but this appears to be working *crosses fingers*

I've got no idea what started this boot loop off today, maybe some OTA tweak I didn't approve? Not really sure...
Sprint HTC ONE
---
Long live the HERO CDMA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobsbobbers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raynefr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbobbers View Post
thanks for the tip, i'm going to give this a try. something is throwing my phone into boot loops today too, I just unfroze all the stuff I froze with TB this week thinking that was the trouble.... I am on stock/rooted 4.4.2 with SU as well.

Update:
Booted to recovery, used adb to push the new Su binary (v2.00) over to phone, used custom recovery to install new su binary zip, all seems right with the world. will post again if I have troubles, but this appears to be working *crosses fingers*

I've got no idea what started this boot loop off today, maybe some OTA tweak I didn't approve? Not really sure...
hey man. same issue. i just tried the latest update. seems to work for now, but did the problem ever come back for you?