[Q] Bluetooth poor connexion with wireless heaphones/speakers

OP pascalforget

26th April 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhineymac

I cant help but agree with you. but it is what it is. neither you or i or anyone else on this forum can change this. I backed three units. the one on my wrist works flawless,with the exceptions of the software and BT hardware issues everyone is having. i havent tryed either of my other ts. hopefully they will be the same. they are oct dev numbered units

Hi rhineymac-I found this thread because of one of your posts to me in another thread. I had a bad BT connection whenever I moved the watch around. After reading this thread I found out that my BT problem was indeed due to the device the truesmart was connected to. When connected to the Scosche Boombottle mini speaker, I had the problem, but when connected to Ultimate Ears UE Boom, the connection was flawless. Now I need to my BT headphones.

I came super close to messing with the antenna, but I am so happy I didn't! Thanks Rhineymac

EDIT: I should mention that my phone connects to the Boombottle mini without a hitch. Only the truesmart has an issue with it. There must be some issue with the truesmart that it connects to certain devices just fine, yet has problems with others.
Last edited by sickysickybrah; 26th April 2014 at 03:12 PM.
30th April 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
More
The bluetooth just plain sucks on the Truesmart. I have to hold the watch within 6 inches of any device for it to work properly. Any further away than that, and it cuts in and out and there is a ton of static. Also, the only way wifi shows full signal is if I'm within a couple feet of my router. At about 6ft, I'm at only one bar.
30th April 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #33  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,279

2,879 posts
Donate to Me
More
I get a stable BT connection to my stereo headset from about 20ft away. It's poor assembly, poor antenna lead orientation and defective antennas that are causeing the issues.
13th August 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #34  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
More
Has anyone else experienced/reported the BT connection issue since LokiFish last message? Or everyone is just accepting their fate? Or maybe I just got unlucky with my TS (I received mine in July)?
I've contacted Omate about this and requested an RMA. I'm also based in Hong Kong so I might just pay them a visit at their Service Center.
Any advice from anyone on how to improve the BT connection is also welcome (appart from removing the back cover since I want to preserve the warranty). Thanks.
15th August 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 463

1,634 posts
What sort of issues are you talking about?
20th August 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #36  
Flag Hong Kong

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan

What sort of issues are you talking about?

Connection stability with BT headphones. Basically, any time the watch is more than 1 feet away from the heads phones, the music starts stuttering and eventually just disconnects. I've test other headphones and the symptoms are the same. Testing the same headphones with other phones works flawlessly.
20th August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #37  

1,634 posts
That's a hardware issue. Your antenna is likely not connected right. How's your Wi-Fi?
20th August 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #38  
Flag Hong Kong

31 posts
More
Quote:

That's a hardware issue. Your antenna is likely not connected right. How's your Wi-Fi?

Wi-Fi is working but average.
On the other hand, GPS only worked once. Even after factory reset, MTK engineer mode tweak and data on, I was never able to get another GPS lock, no even a satellite signal...
It could be an antenna connector displacement, but I'd like to avoid opening the case, void the warranty and found out the connectors are well in place and the problem lies in the antenna within the rubber band...
What would be your take on this? Would the connectors most likely be the origin of the problem?
20th August 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #39  

1,634 posts
Go about 5m from your wireless router and see how many bars you get. If the answer is less than two or none then your antenna is probably the issue.

The GPS and BT/Wi-Fi are in the same band.
20th August 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #40  
Flag Hong Kong

31 posts
More
Quote:

Go about 5m from your wireless router and see how many bars you get. If the answer is less than two or none then your antenna is probably the issue.

The GPS and BT/Wi-Fi are in the same band.

You are right, as soon as I move few meters away from the router, I loose 1-2 bars and eventually get disconnected.

So we can probably assume this is an antenna issue. Could this be due a torned antenna wire in the band (although I was really careful on this aspect)? Or best case it could just be that it is disconnected?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread