Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 39,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][Huawei Prism II aka Huawei U8686] CWM 6

Tip us?

streetdev22
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I would pm mattlgroff or prism 2. I will try to post all info and files of the prism 2 shortly. I can confirm the tmboile update, but I have no idea why they would even release an update for such an old/low selling device. I wonder if the update can be retrieved at all and be used to make a rom for the phone. I will be in contact again now that classes are over.

streetdev22
Old
Thanks Meter 34
https://mega.co.nz/#F!QdcSmZoY!sdjlIrp0Q2VlDdYB2CGTMw

Here is the link to all the Huawei Prism II documents.

tytyz1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default install cmw

Hi,

I'm pretty new to rooting and stuff. I was wondering how to cd to the directory and how to install CWM. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone.

Thanks!!

derigoagin
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Default Bootloader being a pain

I know that sigma dongles can pull the bootloader code from the U8686 without contacting hauwei....ne idea what they are pulling it from? Ive been trying to contact hauwei for the last four days now and nada....I dont want to make anyone wait longer than they have to.....if not is there any way to flash the recovery via sideload? or bootloader???? thanks in advance, and thanks for the img...saved me three more days!

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytyz1 View Post
Hi,

I'm pretty new to rooting and stuff. I was wondering how to cd to the directory and how to install CWM. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone.

Thanks!!

There is a ton of info on how to do this, so Ill give you what you need to do, and then you

just have to follow the instructions given

1. You have to set up ADB....
.ADB is a tool that allows your computer to communicate with your phone and send it commands, copy files, reboot in recovery...etc.
To set this up you would need to download the Android SDK. It has a ton of tools including ADB. There is a linux version (im assuming you are using linux since you asked how to cd) just " sudo apt-get install android-tools-adbd " and it will install adb for you. If you have windows just google "android sdk"

2. Then in terminal from the command prompt you type " fastboot flash recovery recovery3.img " and you will have CWM installed on your device.

ADB <command> is neat because you can do all sorts of things with it and learn all sorts of things about your phone with it. Hope this helped!

jcastle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff View Post
Is there an OTA that anyone has managed to pull so we can modify it and try to boot up a stock ROM in CWM?
Yes. T-Mobile U8686V100R001C85B187 to 'B188 saved directly from OTA update cache. Attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip otaupdate-U8686V100R001C85B187_B188.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.76 MB, 22 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to jcastle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

streetdev22
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Thank you jcastle. Does anybody know what the update has actually effected? It seems like a rather pointless update for a low end device. I wonder why t-mobile released it. If anybody can confirm any additions made by the update, that would be great. Also, if anybody could decode what the update did fromthe update itself, that would be even better.

PhxDroid86
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDX View Post
I received a update for this phone via T-Mobile, I had the CWM recovery but I changed to the stock recovery and the update went in, with CWM the update would not go in, I have no idea what the update was, it did not upgrade to Android 4.4, also it did upgrade with a open boot loader, does anyone know what the update was?

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

I Found This On The T-Mobile Forum-" We did do a maintenance release for the Prism II with the version updating to U8686V100R001C85B187. I'm not sure why we didn't share the page in the community though! Sorry for the confusion! The update resolves a few minor bugs in the systems including VVM audio, battery life, and the CMAS notifs not always working when on silent".
The update was just kernal based. not sure any more specifics but by brother took the update (he wasn't rooted) and I noticed the only differences in the Settings menu was with the Kernal

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdev22 View Post
Thank you jcastle. Does anybody know what the update has actually effected? It seems like a rather pointless update for a low end device. I wonder why t-mobile released it. If anybody can confirm any additions made by the update, that would be great. Also, if anybody could decode what the update did fromthe update itself, that would be even better.
Read the post I just wrote... Hope it helps

streetdev22
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Okay, so I am going to try to build Kitkat for this phone from source. There is a guide here:
http://xda-university.com/as-a-devel...id-from-source
All I need are the device specific files that it mentions. This may take some time, but I am not abandoning this project. If anyone has development experience in terms of building from source, that would be great. I have access to a a device with an unlocked bootloader, but I may need other testers as well. If anyone would be interested in helping me with this endeavor, that would be great.
Thank you.

streetdev22
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Found something new already:
Apparently HiSuite(Huawei's device manager) is actually compatible with the Huawei Prism II, even though it doesn't list support for it. I downloaded the drivers that come along when you first plug your phone into your computer (through the USB) and have downloaded HiSuite. HiSuite downloads the T-Mobile 3G drivers that pop up when you try to go into pink screen mode..Will discover what happens if I plugin the phone while in pink screen mode..Will update.

PhxDroid86
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdev22 View Post
Found something new already:
Apparently HiSuite(Huawei's device manager) is actually compatible with the Huawei Prism II, even though it doesn't list support for it. I downloaded the drivers that come along when you first plug your phone into your computer (through the USB) and have downloaded HiSuite. HiSuite downloads the T-Mobile 3G drivers that pop up when you try to go into pink screen mode..Will discover what happens if I plugin the phone while in pink screen mode..Will update.
Status update... would love to get my Prism 2 on a custom KK

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app