Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post Pictures Taken by Xperia M.

Tip us?

coolboyforeva
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default SOme night pictures plzz

Everyone know that its 5mp sensor shoots gorgeous pics in daytime.. but no one knows that Xperia M has got a defective AWB(Automatic White Balance) which fails in artificial light... U dont believe me? go out in dark..Turn the flash on.. face the camera towards an artificial light( maybe that yellowish street light..) shoot some 10 pics and tell me how many of those come deep blue in color??? post them... M still searching the solution for this problem..

I love my XPeria M. Its a great phone but with this major bug for which i feel to sell it..! Waiting for some working solution before I sell it??
HIT THANKS IF IT HELPED U..

AndyPhoenix9879
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboyforeva View Post
Everyone know that its 5mp sensor shoots gorgeous pics in daytime.. but no one knows that Xperia M has got a defective AWB(Automatic White Balance) which fails in artificial light... U dont believe me? go out in dark..Turn the flash on.. face the camera towards an artificial light( maybe that yellowish street light..) shoot some 10 pics and tell me how many of those come deep blue in color??? post them... M still searching the solution for this problem..

I love my XPeria M. Its a great phone but with this major bug for which i feel to sell it..! Waiting for some working solution before I sell it??
Update ur phone to latest version. Its less deep blue. Blue color which shouldn't be there might be due to the display color temperature which, the colors are on the cold side. Check out the white balance app port by @xperiaz2 and find the settings which suits u. Best and easiest way to check the color of your shot is probably to view picture taken on a desktop PC.

coolboyforeva
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPhoenix9879 View Post
Update ur phone to latest version. Its less deep blue. Blue color which shouldn't be there might be due to the display color temperature which, the colors are on the cold side. Check out the white balance app port by @xperiaz2 and find the settings which suits u. Best and easiest way to check the color of your shot is probably to view picture taken on a desktop PC.
I think u r talking about this port..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2630984

This will somehow solve the display white balance.. but m talking of the camera white balance .. i have also seen that pic on pc .. its in blue. Will post it soon..
My rom is updated to latest 4.3 jelly bean...

AndyPhoenix9879
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
I think u r talking about this port..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2630984

This will somehow solve the display white balance.. but m talking of the camera white balance .. i have also seen that pic on pc .. its in blue. Will post it soon..
My rom is updated to latest 4.3 jelly bean...
I've took pictures at night once. Yellow street lights doesn't look blue on mine. For some reason, it kept saying the file exceeds the max file size for thumbnails so I can't post the pictures... :c

coolboyforeva
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
I've took pictures at night once. Yellow street lights doesn't look blue on mine. For some reason, it kept saying the file exceeds the max file size for thumbnails so I can't post the pictures... :c
Check the attachment. Theres just 1 solution to remove this tint.. photoshop.. i would be happy eVen if i got some app to remove this bluish tint.. bt i havent found any such app.. though iphone has such app..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408480026942.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (81.3 KB, 26 views)

prppedro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Here are some of my pictures. All pictures taken with the CyanogenMod 11 default camera app.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-08-09 23.53.06.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (183.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140807_155816.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (189.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140806_163134.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (179.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140809_151357.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (190.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140807_160448.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (177.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg FMVZ.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (182.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140806_162954.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (172.0 KB, 23 views)

AndyPhoenix9879
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Check the attachment. Theres just 1 solution to remove this tint.. photoshop.. i would be happy eVen if i got some app to remove this bluish tint.. bt i havent found any such app.. though iphone has such app..
Omg, that deep blue and heavy noise reduction! Well, the noise reduction is expected but the blue tint is rare on mine (deep blue). Looks like you need to manually change the white balance at night.

coolboyforeva
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Omg, that deep blue and heavy noise reduction! Well, the noise reduction is expected but the blue tint is rare on mine (deep blue). Looks like you need to manually change the white balance at night.
Thats true.. but dats true for every xperia m.. try clicking pics in same scenario mean same way like i have.. click 10 pics.. ull see the same result in atleast 3.. and its not me saying that its got defective AWB.. but i have confirmed it on a website also... actually awb sometimes works correctly but sometimes it fails badly...

M left with no other option but to photoshop such pics later on pc.

The Following User Says Thank You to coolboyforeva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]