Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SM-G9006V Google Play & Roms

Tip us?

ranillo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by achinut View Post
Hello all,

I am searching around for custom ROMs for this specific model and I'm sure that those other folks using this phone would love something custom as well along the same lines as Alliance and XtreStoLite ROMs that are available for the genuine S5. It appears that they have sold many of these particular S5 clones so I am curious as to whether anyone is working on a custom ROM for this phone. It really is an amazing and fast phone and about as close as you can get to the real thing for a clone. (especially after rooting).

Thanks!

ACH
Can you tell me how did you root it?

maxruub123
Old
(Last edited by maxruub123; 26th July 2014 at 07:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddxv View Post
I used this post:

BUT:
I think that the only thing that really helped me was having the drivers, which I got through the long way, by installing 豌豆荚 on my computer and it automatically installed drivers. Windows couldn't find them. I've seen the drivers on that forum listed above, so if you don't want to install that app (it is kinda annoying, but helps sideload APKs).

One other thing to note:

I also got really thrown off by one part of the above instructions, to enter CWM after you flash it with Odin you need to press Vol+ + Home + Power, not volume down.
Hello,

I really would like to install CWM on my G9006v to instal Gapps, but I do not speak chinese so I do not understand the steps in the link and google translate makes a big mess out of it. Could you please explain the steps to me?

Thank you very much

Max

Rocfiles
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxruub123 View Post
Hello,

I really would like to install CWM on my G9006v to instal Gapps, but I do not speak chinese so I do not understand the steps in the link and google translate makes a big mess out of it. Could you please explain the steps to me?

Thank you very much

Max
+1 thanks in advance for help me for tutorial and translate.
Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocfiles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saddevil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help me plz

I tried many different recovery and have no success to enter (using vol up+home+power). In the end I entered in sctock android recovery =(
Can you tell me what I doing wrong? And have I any chance to fix it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (146.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (192.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (117.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (171.8 KB, 40 views)

ddxv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddevil View Post
I tried many different recovery and have no success to enter (using vol up+home+power). In the end I entered in sctock android recovery =(
Can you tell me what I doing wrong? And have I any chance to fix it?
Try pulling the battery waiting a second, putting it in, then holding down Vol UP + Home + Power.

The menu you've gotten to is reached on my phone by doing Vol DOWN + Home + Power, so on the off chance our phones are different make sure you try both.

Also, do you have root? I can't remember if that is required for doing this, it might be....

saddevil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Try pulling the battery waiting a second, putting it in, then holding down Vol UP + Home + Power.

The menu you've gotten to is reached on my phone by doing Vol DOWN + Home + Power, so on the off chance our phones are different make sure you try both.

Also, do you have root? I can't remember if that is required for doing this, it might be....
When I try pulling the batery and then try to enter in recovery by holding Vol UP + Home + Power
I have a message:
"RECOVERY IS NOT ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit: recovery" (hereattached 01.jpg)

When I holding Vol DOWN + Home + Power I have next screen: (att. 02.jpg)

And I don't have a root, because I can't to flash any file with Odin.
Downloading from Odin passed and I saw download status on phone, but after reboot it's no have any changes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (231.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (241.2 KB, 39 views)

ddxv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddevil View Post
When I try pulling the batery and then try to enter in recovery by holding Vol UP + Home + Power
I have a message:
"RECOVERY IS NOT ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit: recovery" (hereattached 01.jpg)

When I holding Vol DOWN + Home + Power I have next screen: (att. 02.jpg)

And I don't have a root, because I can't to flash any file with Odin.
Downloading from Odin passed and I saw download status on phone, but after reboot it's no have any changes.

Just to double check, were you using the CWM version from the chinese site, it worked for me.
http://bbs.gfan.com/android-7340315-1-1.html

Maybe go back over the directions above, it's useful to simply translate them. On the off chance you live in Beijing and are free tomorrow I could help you in the late afternoon, I happened to take it off work.

Another possibility is that your drivers aren't working...? Though I'm not sure why ODIN would say passed. I had installed wandoujia to get my samsung drivers working... it's a rather infectious program, though not exactly malware. Auto installs drivers for the phone and manages apks

saddevil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Just to double check, were you using the CWM version from the chinese site, it worked for me.

Maybe go back over the directions above, it's useful to simply translate them. On the off chance you live in Beijing and are free tomorrow I could help you in the late afternoon, I happened to take it off work.

Another possibility is that your drivers aren't working...? Though I'm not sure why ODIN would say passed. I had installed wandoujia to get my samsung drivers working... it's a rather infectious program, though not exactly malware. Auto installs drivers for the phone and manages apks
Yes, I used CWM from this site (g9006v-cwm-recovery-6.0.5.0-cn.tar).
Unfortunatelly I live not in Beijing, and not even in China.
Maybe problem in drivers. Can you give me direct link on drivers which you used and definitely work?

saddevil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
please, will anyone answer?

barak2005
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation The rom is good but

The rom is good, but there is some problems:

1. The device is always send a pop up window that says: "send report"
(it's poped up like every 20 min'.)

2. The clock is refuse to work, every time when I tried to make a wake up clock it didn't make noise and wrote: "clock is stoped".
(with other App from google play, the wake up clock is working just fine).

3. The most important thing is the Massages. when I get massage it didn't make any alert, so only if I get inside the massages I will see it.
(the problem is only in massages I guess, because when I get an What'sapp massage so it alert just fine).

** The rom is on 3 Devices of G9006V and the problems is in all of them.
PLEASE ANYONE HELP.

Tags
9006v, g9006v, google services, play store, sm-g9006v